Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 First Doe with new Crossbow >

First Doe with new Crossbow

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

First Doe with new Crossbow

Old 10-04-2008, 08:31 PM

Default First Doe with new Crossbow

25 yard broadside shot complete pass through usinga Parker Buck Buster 175 and slick trick 100gr mags.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:32 PM

Default RE: First Doe with new Crossbow

pic

Old 10-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Really nice doe and the trailer hitch is alright too. Not trying to be negative but your picture has asomething to be desired. You shoud clean her up a little and have a pic taken with you and the deer and maybe your bow. It would look great on the mantle..Nice job DB!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the freezer meat, get another one!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:17 AM

I didn't know we were in a professional photography contest. Personally, I enjoy seeing dead animals and blood. Maybe I'm a sick person????
Old 10-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry DB. I was really trying to be constructive rather than critical. I support your right to do as you see fit. You should enter that picture in BOO's contest for a Vixen. A free bow never hurt anyone.

I know it's not a photography forum but she just looks like roadkill in that shot.Good luck on the rest of your season. If you have the $30.00 you should get her hide tanned. It makes for a great trophy.

Again I was not trying to be overly critical but it's so easy to misinterpret internet chat. Rock On my friend and if you need help dragging give me a call.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

I'm with planter, maybe clean her up a little before taking a pic. It's not criticism, but I think it shows more respect to the animal.
Congrats on the kill, nice doe.
Looks like the slick did it's job. How far did she run?

xbowbarry
Old 10-05-2008, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Planter

I'm sorry DB. I was really trying to be constructive rather than critical. I support your right to do as you see fit. You should enter that picture in BOO's contest for a Vixen. A free bow never hurt anyone.

I know it's not a photography forum but she just looks like roadkill in that shot.Good luck on the rest of your season. If you have the $30.00 you should get her hide tanned. It makes for a great trophy.

Again I was not trying to be overly critical but it's so easy to misinterpret internet chat. Rock On my friend and if you need help dragging give me a call.
Don't take what john said as bad. It was not from him, but the first time I heard it I was offended too. Last year I started to put the time into nice field shots and am glad I did. I now have pics I can put on the wall and the wife is ok with it, she disliked all the truck blood photos that I had also. John is just giving good advice that most do not do, but when we do, we are glad we did.

You have a nice size doe there!! Congrats!!

Old 10-05-2008, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: xbowbarry

I'm with planter, maybe clean her up a little before taking a pic. It's not criticism, but I think it shows more respect to the animal.
Congrats on the kill, nice doe.
Looks like the slick did it's job. How far did she run?

xbowbarry
The slicktrick did do it's job, but once again there wasn't much of a blood trail. I found blood about 20 yards from where I hit her at. She went about 70 yards and expired. From here on out I am going to focus on aiming a little lower. Hopefully this will create a better blood trail.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your kill

Quick Reply: First Doe with new Crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.