Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 First Doe with new Crossbow >

First Doe with new Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

First Doe with new Crossbow

Old 10-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First Doe with new Crossbow

Congrats on the doe. I dbl lunged one last year w/ a Slick, didn't see much of a trail for 15-20 yds. When I found it, it was like paint sprayed on both sides of the path she took. Kinda made me wonder if sometimes the fear or shock doesn't cause them to "hold their breath" a second or two?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:54 PM

Don't take what I said wrong DB. I spend my fair share of time taking the long way through town with the tailgate down for all to see. I don't by into all the love the dead dear and respect mother earth stuff, mainly trying to point out the value of taking good pics to have for the future. I wish all the deer that I had shot years back had nice pics of me holding them, but most are not and are just like yours. A few members had me talked into taking nice pics, and the first time I did was mainly so I could take make a smart response post on here. After I took the pic and seen it on the computer was pretty happy I did. Not for the deers sake or others on here, but I have nice pics to hang onto forever. Last year I set dad up on a hunt and he shot a small buck. I spent about ten minuets cleaning and posing that deer, all while dad was shaking his head at me. Dad now has a nice 8 by 10 pic on his wall in the house that he gets to show off. It’s not the respect thing, or the blood for me, I was just trying to give good advice for you to have great pics to reflect back on.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jason I remember that picture of your DAD with an ML I believe and that was a great picture. I think I recollect your dadnot understanding why you wanted so many picture of that deer but I bet he does now!!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Planter

Jason I remember that picture of your DAD with an ML I believe and that was a great picture. I think I recollect your dadnot understanding why you wanted so many picture of that deer but I bet he does now!!

Yep! One of the best things I have done with dad!!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:15 PM

Nothing a garden hose dont cure...Nice Doe!!!