HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Ohio Regulations... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/265941-ohio-regulations.html)

Hotburn76 10-01-2008 07:55 PM

Ohio Regulations...

I know I have been out a lot this summer, but did any of you guys hear discussion on Ohio lifting their 200# max CB restriction? Was bored while hunting the other night and was looking at all the fine print and it was only stated before as "minimum longbow of 40# and minimum CB of 75# and maximum of 200#" This year it reads the same but they dropped the 200# part off? Any of you Ohio guys notice this. You hear much discussion on it Randy?

smokepolehall 10-02-2008 03:42 AM

RE: Ohio Regulations...

didn't know about it Hot, does that make you want to go out a buy a Dragon slayer ? :D

Buck Hunter 1 10-02-2008 07:08 AM

not going to worry as the ODNR probably don't read poundage on them suckers!

Hotburn76 10-02-2008 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

didn't know about it Hot, does that make you want to go out a buy a Dragon slayer ? :D
Nope! The Vortex is enough for me! But it may open up some sales for the speed freaks that want the big Excal. More distance for looking for a pass through is something I do not need.

My vortex dig do a good job on opening day last Saturday. Not sure if I mentioned it in another post, but when leaving Saturday had a ground hog pop out on the trail. He was nice enough to et me take off my pack, get out the range finder and range him right at 40 yards. I decided to not waist a B-Head, so I used my G5 small game point. Hit him smack in the gut area and took off some fur and a little skin. The head bounced off him and he tossed and turned into some real thick thorns so I let him go. Felt pretty good hitting him free hand at forty yards.

smokepolehall 10-02-2008 07:01 PM

yes a trophy ground hog, you did well at 40 yds. great practice. keep sharp Hot

revpilot 10-09-2008 08:02 PM

They didnt list under archery equipment but if you scroll down and
Look at item 6 under a Hunter Cannot in deer regulations:

Hunt deer with a longbow having a draw weight of less than 40 pounds, or with a crossbow having a draw weight of less than 75 pounds or more than 200 pounds. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.

You would thinks they would put it under archery equipment!!!!!!!!!!

Hotburn76 10-10-2008 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: revpilot

They didnt list under archery equipment but if you scroll down and
Look at item 6 under a Hunter Cannot in deer regulations:

Hunt deer with a longbow having a draw weight of less than 40 pounds, or with a crossbow having a draw weight of less than 75 pounds or more than 200 pounds. Expandable and mechanical broadheads are legal. Poisoned or explosive arrows are illegal.

You would thinks they would put it under archery equipment!!!!!!!!!!
Thats a good catch for the online info. I had noticed it was removed from the booklet they hand out when getting your tag. I wander why they removed it from one, but not the other?