HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Miss Phoenix has scored at 9 am! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/265450-miss-phoenix-has-scored-9-am.html)

smokepolehall 09-29-2008 08:59 AM

Miss Phoenix has scored at 9 am!

thats right she popped a nannys cork at 9 am, that steelhead ate her breakfast n lunch don't cha knowed. cha ching! going to get her on my 3 wheeler now [8D]

awshucks 09-29-2008 09:01 AM

RE: Miss Phoenix has scored at 9 am!

Congrats, Mike!

smokepolehall 09-29-2008 10:43 AM

i used your short green gamegetter II 2219 the one you give me about 18 1/2" long. well it won't shoot anymore its bent :Di used the knife DNK gave me, broke it in you might say. my 3 wheeler wouldn't stay running so i had to get the suburban close as i could then drag her to it with a rope. took her to ck. station and have new tag and i am tired already. will drink some water and go out and get the skinning and meat qtr'ed. now

Dnk 09-29-2008 11:38 AM

Congratulations Mike!!! Let the season begin!

Planter 09-29-2008 01:28 PM

Geez Mike.. I would have waited until she scored at least 130..Atta Boy but just make sure you leave a few for the rest of us.We tied in our contest last year but this year I'm gonna give you a beating!! Congrats!!

smokepolehall 09-29-2008 01:57 PM

well it took me a while to learn again how to get a pic on here

smokepolehall 09-29-2008 03:34 PM

this mornings hunt, or how it all went down! i was bebopping down the road with viper ss on back and its turning lighter in the sky behind me to the east. well i had to have crashed into every small tree or saplin in the woods. got to my tree and set up climber sounded like the tuba and trombone section all hitting their horns together. finally got up into tree and got set pulled Bow up and arrows and sat in seat. i noticed when it was good n light i was 4 foot below my mark, too late now. saw 4 small flocks of honkers and around 8 am a yote came by but was on left side and i am LH'ed very lucky yote. then this nice and sweet tender tick toter came up the same way i did to my tree and same way the yote went, all to my left! the hill is steep and she was looking dead at me at 15 yds! she didn't like what she thought she saw and went around the dogwood tree and stopped. while she was a going round i switched Bow to my right shoulder & she stepped outand looked up at me again. cha ching i let miss phoenix sing and nanny couldn't move before she got the shaft! blew thru her and 6" into the ground i found out later. took my time getting down and went to the shot area found blood trail just enough to track drop here and there. ruff 40 yds and she was piled up in the thicket. then all the work began. 3 wheeler wouldn't run, had to drag her out by a rope to my old suburban. take her to ck. station then skin n qtr. have her chilled in fridge and i am wore out but a happy camper!:D

Planter 09-29-2008 03:55 PM

Looks like the Rocket did it again. That doe looks just like the one i wanna shoot. Your just gonna stack them up like cordwood this season

Dnk 09-29-2008 04:34 PM

Nanny Whacker! LOL!

ranger56528 09-29-2008 05:58 PM

Congrats Mike.....