Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Paker Buck Buster Review #2 >

Paker Buck Buster Review #2

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Paker Buck Buster Review #2

Old 09-21-2008, 08:37 AM

Default Paker Buck Buster Review #2

Well, I finally got the top two screws seated down. Parker was nice enough to send me two extra screws for free since I had a problem with them. I am shooting 100gr magnum slick tricks out of the bow. I haven't shot a lot of CB's, but I can use the first line on my multi reticle scope out to 30 yards. Anything past 30 and I need to use the second line. As far as accuracy goes, I can hit a place the size of a dinner plate out to 40 yards. Do you think that will kill a deer?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Paker Buck Buster Review #2

dinner plates 9 1/2" in dia. is that shooting off hand or with a rest ? i am abit reserved about that distance if accuracy is 9 1/2" groups at 40 yds. have i missed something ?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DBaker

Well, I finally got the top two screws seated down. Parker was nice enough to send me two extra screws for free since I had a problem with them. I am shooting 100gr magnum slick tricks out of the bow. I haven't shot a lot of CB's, but I can use the first line on my multi reticle scope out to 30 yards. Anything past 30 and I need to use the second line. As far as accuracy goes, I can hit a place the size of a dinner plate out to 40 yards. Do you think that will kill a deer?
That accuracy is a bit too loose for deer. Keep practicing. Personally if you can keep it in a softball sized group its good to go for me. My shooting abilities dictate that I use a rest at 40 yards and a softball sized group is no problem at 40 yards. My ethics limit 40 yard shots to very few circumstances.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:38 AM

that is off hand shooting without a rest. We placed an insert from a full body deer target out 40 yards and I was hitting lungs and heart every shot out to 40 yards off hand.

I don't have the time to sit at the range and shoot for hours upon end because of my work. Due to this, I can't be anal about a couple inches, especially when shooting off hand without a rest. To be honest, I don't feel comfortable out to 40 yards, 35 and under for me. Ideally 30 or under.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

weren't trying to give you a bad time, just curious if it was off rest or hand. nothing wrong with the plate size groups off hand. it takes lots practice to keep groups small. lets face it if a person can get 6" groups off hand at 40 yds thats a real good goal like shooting for 3-D
Old 09-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Pie plate off hand is good!