HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Crossbow forum has become SO quiet!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/263143-crossbow-forum-has-become-so-quiet.html)

Planter 09-14-2008 04:52 PM

Crossbow forum has become SO quiet!!

I don't really know what happened but this was always such an active furum. It seems like possibly people have moved on to other sites or are too busy. It wasn't that long ago that everyone knew everyone else by name. I guess time changes things for whatever reason.Hunt hard and hunt safe....

Fletch 09-14-2008 05:05 PM

RE: Crossbow forum has become SO quiet!!

I shot one bolt out of mine today, greased the rails, put my rage broadheads on my hunting bolts, put them in the quiver. Can't wait till saturday morning. Can only shoot does the first two weeks.

coyote170 09-14-2008 05:28 PM

What Planter said,real quiet lately!:(

Dnk 09-14-2008 05:42 PM

Yuppers!

Cossack 09-14-2008 07:49 PM

Likely because the archery deer season is open. However, I've been too busy fixin' dumb****'s crossbows to get out this w/e. I'll be in a stand tomorrow tho.

PS Had one yesterday with the brace well below the low mark, as a result the string was thrashed. "Gee, I thought it was supposed to be that way." To which I said "Have you read the manual." "Not yet, been too busy." (For the past year!~) SPIT!

ranger56528 09-15-2008 07:08 PM

Well with all thats happend to me or in the family Ive finaly gottin to shoot the Y25 again matter of fact Ive blowin out the centers of my old 3-D'Sand need to buy a new 3-D target(I know i could still shoot the rump area but thats not in my plans),anone have a idea on a GOOD one......Anyway I went out to the woods this afternoon but it was all quite pretty windy out today going to try again in the am and then who knows after that,gona try to get out at least 2 if not 3 times a week...............

Hotburn76 09-16-2008 05:10 PM

I am a guilty one for not posting near as much as I used to. I April I finally got off of swing shift and now actually sleep at night! So all my nights of being up not able to sleep do not happen anymore. Spent lots of time up at three in the morning reading all the post and responding alot. Now that I am in the maintenance group and working straight days time seems almost gone anymore.

Another thing that has taken almost all of my net time is reloading. Bought a new savage 12 in 204 and have been learning reloading. I now can get many groups to make a sloppy hole at 100 yards. But deer season is creeping up on me and am about ready to put away the reloading stuff and prioritize my time to the deer hunting. I do miss the friendship we shared on here, have not really found it on any of the reloading forums I am posting on.

Rebel Hog 09-16-2008 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

I am a guilty one for not posting near as much as I used to. I April I finally got off of swing shift and now actually sleep at night! So all my nights of being up not able to sleep do not happen anymore. Spent lots of time up at three in the morning reading all the post and responding alot. Now that I am in the maintenance group and working straight days time seems almost gone anymore.

Another thing that has taken almost all of my net time is reloading. Bought a new savage 12 in 204 and have been learning reloading. I now can get many groups to make a sloppy hole at 100 yards. But deer season is creeping up on me and am about ready to put away the reloading stuff and prioritize my time to the deer hunting. I do miss the friendship we shared on here, have not really found it on any of the reloading forums I am posting on.

I miss chatting with you all!:) [b]Especially those from A-HI-A..:D

Planter 09-16-2008 05:48 PM

I was thinking the .17 HMR but everyone says that .204 is slicker than snot on glass.
I am in the market for a yote gun but I am thinking on kicking up to a .243 just cause I could use it for deer. Ah but that .204...
It sure is a great feeling to shoot 1 moa groups at 100 yards and it must be even sweeter with handloads

Don't forget your a crossbow guy though.

Ps.. Does that Savage have the accutrigger and heavy barrel. That's one companythat has really improved over the last 10 years.

Hotburn76 09-16-2008 08:49 PM

John the 204 is a great gun and you will love it! I too almost bought a .17, but was hearing to much about wind drift and it does not do much past 200 yards. I was wanting a flat shooting medium range gun. The .204 is a half inch high at 100, zero at 200, only 3 to 4 inches low at 300 and 13 inches low at 400!, that is all easy ground hog guessing to me! I first bought a H&R to decide if centerfire was something I wanted to try and after liking it, but not getting any more consistent then .75 MOA @100 somehow became addicting, which Don did warn me about. So I bought a savage 12 and have been having a blast. Mine has never had factory ammo down it, only reloads. So far it is liking 39 grain SBK's and 30 grain Berger's. Here is a few pics of the addiction Don warned me about. Both of these are three shot groups at 100 yards.