Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Muzzy Alert!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Alert!

I myself shoot a Xbow and am not disabled and frankly I dont really care what Muzzy thinks about me and my Xbow, if I want to shoot one im gonna shoot one with there broadheads till they make it where I cant do so which will be....................................... never!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

When I read this I was very disturbed as I have been a Muzzy user for 10-12 years now. I did what a few others mentioned, I went straight to the "Horses Mouth".

I emailed Muzzy this morning stating my concern on this issue and received replies from both the Chief Operating Officer Fred Settlesand Michele Eichler within minutes.

Bothassured me thatthis was a blatant mistruth and that Muzzy supports ethical bowhuntingno matter whatshape or form. They stated they do not take stands on bowhunting issues concerning crossbow vs compound vs recurve. They also said that if a Muzzy representative stated otherwise they would like to know his or her name.

It seems that this "Woody" had contacted Muzzy as well and was given the same response, seems he wasreluctant to give his real name and just signed his inquiry "wood6196"

I for one am pleased with the response I receivedfrom Muzzy and totally confident that they are not anti crossbow. In fact they willfeature a crossbow hunt on one of their shows next year.

Looks like I will be keeping my Muzzy heads.

xbowbarry
Old 09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

C something is her name, inherited the company! she is the very one who spoke against CB hunting other than disabled ppl.

I gave away 3 paks of 3 # 209 100 gr B'heads and won't buy another of their products as long as i am alive. each person runs their own affairs np there
Old 09-08-2008, 06:44 PM

why in the hell would they undercut their own business?? Come on dude, I don't think Muzzy cares if you tie a head on the end of a spear and throw it.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

why in the hell would they undercut their own business?? Come on dude, I don't think Muzzy cares if you tie a head on the end of a spear and throw it.
Easy, if they are illogical enough to hate crossbows as some but not all traditional hunters do they could do something illogical like cut their own noses off.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:54 AM

My 2 Cents,
I'm still on the fence with this issue. Shot a many a muzzy from a Mathews compound over the years and that was a natural migration for me, being new to the CB, I bought Muzzy for this season's hunting. After reading this thread, I began to second guess my purchase, however I refrain from passingjudgement completely until more information is brought to light. Part of me wants to stand with Southern Buck and just say adios Muzzy. Being from the corporate world myself and watching how inter-office politics abound, I do know that the COMPANY LINE can differ from 1 stock holders position. Matter of fact, there can be many positions held on the same issue among the Major Players at Muzzy. What they do and how they react as a corporate citizen in the future will certainly influence my purchase of their products. Smokepolehall has brought that to light forus and made me realize what I just stated above. Bottom line is, sounds like Muzzy has a rich, spoiled, renegade on their hands as far as an owner. Rest assured, if some of the other key players dividend starts to slide, or if they are not publicly traded, the investors will silence the rhetoric of "one" in order to maintain a healthy profit for themselves. That will take place or, the profits will slide and the turmoil at the top will destroy what was once a solid company. Sounds like someone needs to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting and make a bold statement one way or the other. At that time I will make my mind up where my dollars are spent. I won't support an anti CB mentality from anyone I buy from. Great thread and good debate on all of sides of this issue. Xbowbarry, thanks for sharing your information and findings with us all. Smokepolehall, thanks for bringing the point to light and stirring debate. Glad I found a place where that can take place.
Maybe Muzzy will clarify on a large scale one way or the other very soon and we can continue to either use'em or loos'em...
Sorry for the epistle..I'll try to be more brief in the future.
Great forum and good people here..
tnerb

Old 09-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xbowbarry

When I read this I was very disturbed as I have been a Muzzy user for 10-12 years now. I did what a few others mentioned, I went straight to the "Horses Mouth".

I emailed Muzzy this morning stating my concern on this issue and received replies from both the Chief Operating Officer Fred Settlesand Michele Eichler within minutes.

Bothassured me thatthis was a blatant mistruth and that Muzzy supports ethical bowhuntingno matter whatshape or form. They stated they do not take stands on bowhunting issues concerning crossbow vs compound vs recurve. They also said that if a Muzzy representative stated otherwise they would like to know his or her name.

It seems that this "Woody" had contacted Muzzy as well and was given the same response, seems he wasreluctant to give his real name and just signed his inquiry "wood6196"

I for one am pleased with the response I receivedfrom Muzzy and totally confident that they are not anti crossbow. In fact they willfeature a crossbow hunt on one of their shows next year.

Looks like I will be keeping my Muzzy heads.

xbowbarry
Thank you for your post. I also emailed the company, but didn't receive a response. Gladthey got back to you andset the record straight.

Thisis what I mean about throwingrumors out there to geteveryone going off in the wrong direction. But whatsuprises me is the reaction of afew whostill wishto keep therumor going for whatever reason. Whatwouldpleasethese people? I don't know.

Ithought of a bunch ofresponses but think the above posts says it all. "Noughsaid!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:05 AM

Makes no difference to me. Just about everything I've owned or currentlyown has been attacked by someone starting with my Chevy Corvair (Ralph Nader) back in the 60's. I've never like Muzzy's because I've always preferred a cut on contact type broadhead. I started hunting with the Bear Razorheads (145 grn) then switched to the Satellite Titans because I wanted a lighter broadhead. They either folded or got bought out by Magnus as I couldn't find them anymore and went to the Stingers which look exactly like them. I knowMuzzy now makes a broadhead similar to the Stingerbut I see no reason to leave my Stingers unless I can't find them anymore. Then I'd probablytry the new SlickTrick Razor Tricks if that happens.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tnerb

My 2 Cents,
I'm still on the fence with this issue. Shot a many a muzzy from a Mathews compound over the years and that was a natural migration for me, being new to the CB, I bought Muzzy for this season's hunting. After reading this thread, I began to second guess my purchase, however I refrain from passingjudgement completely until more information is brought to light. Part of me wants to stand with Southern Buck and just say adios Muzzy. Being from the corporate world myself and watching how inter-office politics abound, I do know that the COMPANY LINE can differ from 1 stock holders position. Matter of fact, there can be many positions held on the same issue among the Major Players at Muzzy. What they do and how they react as a corporate citizen in the future will certainly influence my purchase of their products. Smokepolehall has brought that to light forus and made me realize what I just stated above. Bottom line is, sounds like Muzzy has a rich, spoiled, renegade on their hands as far as an owner. Rest assured, if some of the other key players dividend starts to slide, or if they are not publicly traded, the investors will silence the rhetoric of "one" in order to maintain a healthy profit for themselves. That will take place or, the profits will slide and the turmoil at the top will destroy what was once a solid company. Sounds like someone needs to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting and make a bold statement one way or the other. At that time I will make my mind up where my dollars are spent. I won't support an anti CB mentality from anyone I buy from. Great thread and good debate on all of sides of this issue. Xbowbarry, thanks for sharing your information and findings with us all. Smokepolehall, thanks for bringing the point to light and stirring debate. Glad I found a place where that can take place.
Maybe Muzzy will clarify on a large scale one way or the other very soon and we can continue to either use'em or loos'em...
Sorry for the epistle..I'll try to be more brief in the future.
Great forum and good people here..
tnerb
Good intellecutal post! I don't think it was too long either.
How I feel is this. The owner of the business is profiting from my purchase of their product. If their official company policy is to not bash crossbows but the owner bashes publicly or privately crossbows, I will not buy their product. My money and I'm just telling all how I feel and if someone has a problem with that they can kiss Smokepole's behind maybe Awshuck's or Squirrel's....either way I think we can arrange a line-up.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I currently own NONE of their products but have in the past.
If it comes out that they are ANTI-CROSSBOW then add me to the list as well with my brothers listed above.
I will stand with them

Quick Reply: Muzzy Alert!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.