Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 New Xbow Hunter needs help >

New Xbow Hunter needs help

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Xbow Hunter needs help

Old 08-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Xbow Hunter needs help

ORIGINAL: rafsob

Well Tree Climber I would say that with results like those, you can't go wrong.

Also looks like you got a great hunting pardner. Wish I couldget mybetterhalf to go in thewoods with me.
Rafsob, I bought a Crossbow 3 years ago and never used it. I am going to use it this year. I have the same questions a you, I shoot muzzie 125g 3 blade. The fellow at Bass Pro in the archery shop said any three blade would shoot fine. I am going to try them. I like them because they penetrate well. If they don't shoot, I am going to buy some Horton FX, since that is what my bow is, figure they will fly good in a Horton bow.
Chap Gleason
Old 08-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

"The fellow at Bass Pro in the archery shop said any three blade would shoot fine."

Beware of sage advice from behind the counter types. While YRMV, I found a markable increase in accuracy w/ Slicks over both Muzzies and WASPs.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

I was a big fan of muzzy bheads out of my compound, but they didnt fly well at all out of a crossbow. The higer speeds tend to make them drift a little so groups arent perfect. They will shoot ok, just not perfect. One bhead that flies very well out of a xbow are the slick tricks(fixe head). I switched to the rage 3 blades and those fly exactly like the fieldpoints and due some awesome damage. I also shoot carbon bolts since I get tired of inspecting the others for bends and etc. Liek said above, carbon will break before it bends