Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Barnett Quad 400 junk >

Barnett Quad 400 junk

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Quad 400 junk

Old 09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Barnett Quad 400 junk

Looks like Barnett is gaining a bad name for themselves. I tagged my second doe with my horton summit 150 last saturday. No sir, I'm not missing the Barnett at all
Old 09-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Spike

Looks like your self-fulfilling prophecy is manifest.

The Horton is proof that you don't need speed to harvest a deer. Slow and steady wins the race.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

I recently bought the new Barnett predator avi about two months ago. I had a Ten point, but thought I could shoot flatter with the barnett as a friend had purchased one and raved about it. Well, I have had two strings blow up in my face and two sets of cables go bad. Thats it for me. I should never have sold my Ten point. It was the titan TL4 and I shot plenty of deer with it and loved it.I went to Gander Mtn. and bought the Ten Point Titan TL7. That was yesterday and I have it dialed in and shooting well. Deer season starts saturday and I am confident enough with it that I will be out there with the rest of em. I spoke with the bow tech from Gander Mtn. and he said that a lot of the Barnetts were coming in with all kinds of string, cable and pulley damage. Not to mention some cracked limbs!!! I learned a very hard and so far, expensive lesson.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

When will people learn that it is not greener on theother side!!!

If you are happy with the one you brought, then dance withher and stoplooking around the roomfor something better.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Spike

Default Barnett Quad 400 dangerous junk X2!!!

As an FYI, I nearly tore off 8 of my fingers the first quad400 I tried, as it misfired with the safety on and they asked me to send it to them. I received a brand new quad400 in the mail a few weeks later, and guess what, 2nd shot with it sighting it in yesterday and the string blew up at the cam, nobody was hurt this time.

Law suit being pursued......
Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck with all that. I ended up killing a nice eight pointer that opening Sat. in '08 with my new Tenpoint. I have been hunting with it ever since with good success. I ended up forcing the reseller to buy back my barnett. He did not want to do so at first, but I had used my debit card to purchase it and my bank forced him to take it back and refund my money. A lesson well learned. What a nightmare to have a crossbow misfire while the safety is on. Very dangerous indeed. Mine just kept blowing up strings in my face.