Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Barnett Quad 400 junk >

Barnett Quad 400 junk

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Quad 400 junk

Old 08-18-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Barnett Quad 400 junk

ORIGINAL: StoredEnergy

Did you call Barnett customer service?
I guess you missed the part when hesaid he tried tocall and got no answer!

[hr]

Did a lotof research and bought a Ten Point GT-Curve. I love it. And it is in your price range.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted with a Bartnet for one year with no luck. Barnett Revolution. Upgraded the next year to a excalibur.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

ill second the above.. get a excalibur. Customer service is top notch Ten points very good also, but ive been a excal fan for a few years now.

sorry about your bad luck though.. Its just the luck of the draw sometimes
Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

rafsob -

Did you call during their normal working hours?

I've called them four times in the last three weeks. Got a polite recptionest and then sent to the person I needed to speak with...no problems...no waiting, every time!?

And....was helped and other info transfered as requested !

Personally...I'd check out the Darton lineup. I have three of them (07 lineup). Very nicely done.
Many shops have the 07 bow and will sell at a discount. The 08's are kinda expensive.

Mike
Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I got the good news from Cabelas yesterday that they got the bow back and they gave me a refund. Since I've been shooting my Horton crossbow so much I'm going to stick with that for this season. I used part of the refund money to buy a new treestand.

I was talking with my neighbor yesterday about this whole deal and he said that he's been shooting a Barnett Quad 400 for years now with no problems... I guess it's hit or miss with them.

My next xbow will be an excal.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

my brother has barnett 300 and has had no problems but he shoots it very little, so that may be bad comparison.

compound crossbows from what i read NEED more maintaince than recurve bow,so its good to have bowshop close for that reason.

but, if you dont shoot a lot,then compound crossbow, only in my opinion is one i would use for deer hunting.

if i shot a lot at home, i would get EXCALIBER,no doubt about that.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:42 PM

I purchased one in june of this year. I have shot over 35 times but also stay using the easton brand of bolts. recommend by barnett. They do say when you change strings or cables were they barnett. If they say to use their line of strings and cables, then the best thing to do is stay with what they say. We all know not to buy a car on a monday or a friday, because friday they can't wait to hit the weekend, and monday they just don'tcare to be at work. All companys threw out the world are face with this kind of work issues. I say if you buy a cheaper one then the recommend one you could run into problems. Trying to shoot lighter bolts or ones because their less in cost. Would run you in some problems to. It's set up to push a weight that is equal to the release of the string to the certin weight of the bolt. Any slight change in thiswill cause the string and cables to pop that will snap them. If youdo all the recommends then they can't say their ain't a issue with their bow. It will be alot easier to get a legal act going then to give them achange to blame fault on you. Mine has puttwo shots in the same hole at 41 yards. Still hitting the same spot today, useing a barnett 4 by 32 scope.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

I had a Barnett Quad 300 for several years and had multiple problems with it.I just bought a Tenpoint Flex and love it so far and its not real expensive.

Bill
Old 09-28-2008, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

It seems to methatcrossbows are like rifle scopes, buy the most expensive one you can afford. On recommendationsfrom this site, I purchase a ten-point (looked long and hard at excalibur). Abit expensive at first, but glad I did so in the long run. I've been told that Parker is also worth a look, though I haveno personal experience with them.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vadeer

It seems to methatcrossbows are like rifle scopes, buy the most expensive one you can afford. On recommendationsfrom this site, I purchase a ten-point (looked long and hard at excalibur). Abit expensive at first, but glad I did so in the long run. I've been told that Parker is also worth a look, though I haveno personal experience with them.
i know people that take crossbow out,shoot 5 arrows in same hole at 20 yds,put it away and go hunting.

those people can get away with a cheaper crossbow,will last years.

for us that like to shoot 30/40 shoots each time,maybe 2 times a week, better bows are needed and good bowshop that handles that brand of bow is a MUST.

Quick Reply: Barnett Quad 400 junk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.