Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 excalibur lumi zone scope >

excalibur lumi zone scope

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

excalibur lumi zone scope

Old 07-26-2008, 07:18 AM

Default RE: excalibur lumi zone scope

my friend has the lumi-zone, where u can move the dial and it will make the crosshairs more red with each click. yea if thats the same scope then get it. For the money that scope cannot be beat. We were shooing a block target at almost dark and i could see the block perfectly. so yea for 129.99$ i think get it. You will not regret buying this scope.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've done some more digging and finally found a weight call-out for my X-bolts. 325 gns w/flat nock (300 w/half moon nock) without a point. Whether that includes the vanes or not it doesn't say, but that's 16.25 grains per inch (!) so I assume it does. Without vanes, they'd be about 14 grains per inch (including insert and nock) and that makes them pretty much equal to 2219's in weight (13.8 gpi). Then, old traditional shooter that I am, the only 22/64ths field points I have on hand are 140 gn. That's puts me at 465 gns total. So, yeah.... Logs! [&:]

I can get the weight down a bunch by stripping off the stock 5" vanes and refletching with 4" feathers. I like high FOC, and feathers will let me drop down to 125's and still increase the FOC I've got now. Those changes will get them down to around 410 gns. Should give me a noticeable bump in speed and put me within the scope's speed range.

Hey, Cossack, no worries. I'm relatively new to crossbows but I've got more than 50 years of bowhunting and archery under my belt, so I've seen my share of 'wonders' too. The Cheaper Than Dirt store is just a little ways further down the road than Cabela's is, so I might wander over there. But I have to admit that awshucks has me enthralled. I kinda like making my own gear and that balance scale he's described is right up my alley.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

"But I have to admit that awshucks has me enthralled. I kinda like making my own gear and that balance scale he's described is right up my alley. " forgot to add in origfinal post, once you get it to balance level empty, find a chunk of paper that weighs the same gram as dollar bill so you can cut it/them into 1/3, 1/4, 1/2 ect w/o having to tape money back together. I had alot of fun w/ mine til I started getting drug dealer looks from company when I broke it out, lol. Ah, the '70's!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 02:55 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

if you search "digital scale" on ebay you can find good digital scales all over onthere for $10-$20 w/free shipping, I bought one on there quite a while back for $8just because I had seenwhat looked like theexact same scale in the cabela's catalog for $40-$50 and I wanted to see if it actually was the same scale(and it was), I think with shipping it came to something like $12-$14, extremely cheap for all the use you get out of one...