HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Excalibur Excel Crossbow String or flemish string? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/254333-excalibur-excel-crossbow-string-flemish-string.html)

ogg 07-24-2008 10:58 PM

Excalibur Excel Crossbow String or flemish string?

Which one should i get for my phoenix?I dont know much bout strings and these two were at bass pro shop.com and i dont know which one to get?

Cossack 07-25-2008 07:57 AM

RE: Excalibur Excel Crossbow String or flemish string?

Flemish. My Phoenix shoot about 15 fps faster with it than the Excel string. And it's stronger too.

Dnk 07-25-2008 08:01 AM

The Flemish is definately a better string but if you haven't shot a crossbow a whole lot you might be wise to stick with the endless loop that will be more forgiving on a dry-fire. The newer you are the more likely you are to have a booboo!

Arthur P 07-25-2008 08:46 AM

Flemish. My Phoenix shoot about 15 fps faster with it than the Excel string. And it's stronger too.
[:-][:-] I know flemish is stronger than endless because an endless only has half the strands running through each loop while flemish has all the string's strands in each loop, but the extra speed is a complete surprize to me. Interesting.

What about noise? Flemish strings are much quieter on my longbow, but does that attribute crossover into crossbows?

smokepolehall 07-25-2008 04:58 PM

if they are excal strings and your on your learning stage go with the endless loop. the 10' fps isn't worth the stress on your CB.

ogg 07-25-2008 08:13 PM

Im still not sure which one guys?People are saying both but which one is the best????Ive been shooting crossbows for 2 years and have not drie fired yet ([:o]knock on wood).so should i just go with the EXCEL STRING?

Moonkryket 07-25-2008 08:20 PM

I've dry fired Excal's, 200 and 225 lb draw with non-flemish strings without a hitch.

smokepolehall 07-26-2008 04:43 AM

Flemish & Endless loop are 2 types of strings but can both be made out of string material. either style of string is good and usually in the owners eye for which he prefers. example i can make an endless loop and or a flemish string from dacron B50 material.

Its the material used to make the types of strings that can abuse your limbs.
i read where someone said that endless loop strings had half the strands as the flemish. Not so, you make as many strands as you wish in strings. if you want 24 in a flemish its 12 strands to each bundle in a 2 bundle string. if you want 30 in and endless loop you go 15 full wraps, 15 on each side, 2 sides 30 stands. its the End loops,that will only have 15 strands that will be weaker

awshucks 07-26-2008 05:12 AM

:DImho, the best string you can use is one of Dnk's flemish Excels w/ served on cat whiskers. here's why. The servings last forever, it's as quiet as you are gonna get, and you only lose 8-9 fps over FFF, of which his or factory shot the same fps for me, again serving life is 3-4 times factory. Stretch is also greatly minimized.

If you are shooting an Excal, you might want to join or at least lurk on the Excal forum, there's a college education on them there.

ogg 07-26-2008 09:50 PM

Is the EXCEL string the endless loop type?i must be having a brain fart or something.The EXCEL string is the one i sohuld go with?Is that the one that Wont put as much stress on my limbs smokepollhall?