Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 The Blazer conspiracy >

The Blazer conspiracy

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

The Blazer conspiracy

Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Blazer conspiracy

My point is that (it seems) ANY reasonable 2" vane would do the trick. I suspectBlazer has no special property.
Other than Blazers being taller, stiffer and thicker with a slightly different profile for more surface area than other 2" vanes, you're right. Though I would imagine by now somebody else is taking on Blazers with their own version. I haven't paid much attention to new vanes lately because, as I said, I'm a feathers man.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:14 PM

Blazers aren't magic. They are just tough as hell, no ripples, easy and fast to fletch due to their short length and I've never found another vane that shoots flatter and more accurately with field points and expandable broadheads like the NAP Spitfires. That's good enough for me :-)

BTW, it was the only vane that I could find to withstand the abuse of a Whisker Biscuit rest when I was shooting compound bows.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

BLAZER vanes hit the bottom of groove.
this is do to height.

i could not see where it affected the flight of arrow BUT i am funny to those things ,so i took a razor blade and cut a little off the cock vane so it does not touch bottom.

i see big difference in arrow flight out past 20 yds with blazers.

arrow seems to fly faster andflatter.

i can see this because i watch arrow all way to target at 30 yds thru scope.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:28 AM

It doesn't take too many shots for the cock vane to wear down anyway. I think that problem is only with TP bows. Excals and Desert Strykers have deeper barrel grooves.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:23 PM

man if yall want something that will really fly get the 5 inch vanes. unbelieveable.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:10 PM

No thanks. I stopped using those longwrinkly things 7 years ago but if you like them stick with them:-)
Old 07-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Typical Buck

i tried the blazers and they did especially well with field points. call me old fashioned....but give me 5 inch feathers for flying a bhead. hehe[8D]
Old 07-31-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shewe

i tried the blazers and they did especially well with field points. call me old fashioned....but give me 5 inch feathers for flying a bhead. hehe[8D]
i like feathers also.
with big heavy heads like the zewickys/bear ,the blazers dont seem to fly as well.
i glued them on my cedar arrows but could not get thespiral like a feather.

also they would not compress like feather ,so they threw rear of arrow off.

i think they would be fine on compound bow and of course a crossbow.

the new points like nap,slicktricks etc seem to be a great improvement over points years ago and fly like darts .

Old 07-31-2008, 08:06 AM

Nothing guides an arrow better than a feather for sure BUT unless you are shooting a large old style fixed blade broadhead there are other choices, as with the Blazer vanes, that are less problematic, longer life, easier to fletch and consistently accurate. Shoot what works for you :-)
Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know what you guys who say vanes have longer life do to feathers to make vanes seem so much better. Feathers outlast vanes for me at least 5 to 1, especially with the vane cutting, nock busting goobers I've had the pleasure to shoot with.

Less problematic? Well, vanes are waterproof but that's the only thing I can think of.

Easier to fletch????? I've never noticed it being any harder to put a feather in a clamp than a vane. [8D] And you can use fletching tape on feathers. I love that stuff - quick, easy to use, quick, doesn't get glue all over your clamps, quick, easy to clean off for refletching. Did I mention quick? It won't work at all on vanes though.

Consistently accurate - and won't throw the arrow a mile off course if it brushes a twig between you and the target.

Like you said, shoot what works for you... but don't go dissin' my feathers.

Quick Reply: The Blazer conspiracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.