HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Ten-Point Crossbows Overrated? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/252907-ten-point-crossbows-overrated.html)

cbmagnum 07-15-2008 07:26 AM

Ten-Point Crossbows Overrated?

I think they are def overrated, i have a Parker Safari Magnum and it was around 600$, then here you see Ten-Point crossbows for like 2000$ and mine will shoot just as good if not even better. So lets hear your input on the subject

Arthur P 07-15-2008 08:51 AM

RE: Ten-Point Crossbows Overrated?

No idea. I've never handled a 10 Point, much less shot one. I don't much go messing with equipment I know I can't afford to buy.[&:]

153 07-15-2008 10:46 AM

I have had and shot several other x-bows and now have a TenPoint.I think they are not overrated.I use to buy bolts all the time because or missed pratice shots.I have had the TPfor over six months with 200+ shots out to 60 yards and have yet to miss any shot over three inches,no lost bolts.If my other x-bows would have shot this well I would not have purchased a TP but I think it is money well spent.Same thing with all my rifles,if they do not shot smaller than 1" groups at 100 yards they get replaced.As of now all rifles at Tikka and Browning.

Pydpiper 07-15-2008 02:28 PM

Overrated and overpriced are two very different things. Overrated would be implying they do not do what they are supposed to do, with all costs aside.In that aspect I think they are rated appropriately. They cost a lot and work as advertised.
Over priced, that is a whole different ball game.

DaGriz 07-15-2008 02:52 PM

Definitely not anywhere near overrated. Some models might be over priced for some people, but in this day and age you get what you pay for.Some peole like Cadillacs or Mercede Benz and other like Yugo's and Edsels. As Pydpiper says, overrated and over priced have tremendous different meanings.

Moonkryket 07-15-2008 02:54 PM

Definitely not over rated and with exceptionalproduct support. You can get Ten Point crossbows starting at $400.00 and it's the same build quality as their $2,000.00 plus models. Who else does that? :-)

coyote170 07-15-2008 03:29 PM

Very well said Moon,quality is very good!;)

ranger56528 07-15-2008 05:05 PM

I like all my bows in the 600-900 doller range...
I like my ProFusion but have come to Like the recurve a little better,They both have thier place's..Dont buy a Vega and think your getting a Lincoln....Pay ta play....

smokepolehall 07-16-2008 04:43 AM

over rated ? that implies that stated product doesn't do what its maker says about its over all performance and thematerial it was made out of!
i don't or have ever owned a 10 pt. i have shot a couple of them. TL4's both. they seem to be a good solid CB, to compare model to model and = price requiring a good bit of testing to see how they stack up.

pricing you may have gotten a good price on your parker and feel that its a better bargain for the cash paid out ?

Ozzie1 07-16-2008 05:17 AM

I believe that the Ten Point products are definitly not overrated. They have a complete line of crossbows to fit the budget and needs of a variety of people. I have not come across one person yet that is not satisfied with their Ten Point bow. Maybe they want to upgrade to another one of Ten Point's bows but they are still happy with the bow they have. Most of these people also have other brands of crossbows and are happy with them also but I have never heard one of them say that they were disappointed with the Ten Point. Also I know that my archery dealer says that out of all the crossbow manufactures he deals with he perfers to deal with Ten Point because of their great dealer support. I personally know that the Ten Point's customer service is top shelf and they do bend over backwords to make sure you are a satisfied customer.