Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Ain't she sweet? >

Ain't she sweet?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ain't she sweet?

Old 07-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ain't she sweet?

My new bow toy, joined her Vortex and Cyclone cousins today

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii118/Cossack_bucket/bow%20stuff/2008_07_11_14_35_59.jpg

Old 07-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ain't she sweet?

Oh yeah, here's the Barska reflex sight;

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii118/Cossack_bucket/bow%20stuff/2008_07_11_14_36_24.jpg
Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

that looks just like mine...

what do you think of that barska sight? I've kind of written off single reticle sights for my crossbow, red dot or otherwise, but the crosshair reticle that barska is capable of producing looks kind of interesting, too bad they dont makesome smaller,mutipoints integrated into the existingcrosshairsof that sight, I'd have to give one a try...
Old 07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KLS

that looks just like mine...

what do you think of that barska sight? I've kind of written off single reticle sights for my crossbow, red dot or otherwise, but the crosshair reticle that barska is capable of producing looks kind of interesting, too bad they dont makesome smaller,mutipoints integrated into the existingcrosshairsof that sight, I'd have to give one a try...
KLS, see this one on Midway USA. Just traded mine for a scvope for Smoke's Ruger 44 mag, lol. It's no Bushnell but it worked great for me, had one selection that was dead nuts at 20 and 30. Wouldn't work w/ Miller quiver mount btw.

[/align] NcStar Tactical Holographic Red Dot Sight (Circle Crosshair with 4 MOA Dot, Circle with 4 MOA Dot, 1 MOA Dot, Crosshair with 4 MOA Dot) Matte[/align] Product #: 194879[/align] Status: Available[/align] Our price: $49.00[/align]
Old 07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the Barska for a 22 handgun, decided to try it on the bow. At less than $70 it's worth the try. It's got four reticules, including a crosshair and a dot circle that (may) be useful in determining trajectory shots. Will try this tomorrow. This is my ''fun bow'' the hunting bows are both topped with LumiZones.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

What you going to do cossack/Boris?....Sight it in at 30yrds and see how high at 20yrds and low at 40yrds.will be interesting to read the feedback........Dot with circle being dot at 30 top of ring at 20 and bottom at 40,cant wait,get on it,well,what did you do,Iam waiting.........
Please do tell....Or due I need to get over thier,I will be out to Okesons sometime nxt week ...
Old 07-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The good thing is it's got 4 reticules...tht's also the bad thing. Each reticule seems to shoot to a different spot. I said seems becasue it's quite windy tonight, will try it again and with GT/inserts 2" Blazers.
Found out that I can use the crosshair reticule for trajecrory shots. When sighted right on at 25 yards, the arrow hits the designated target at 35 byards if the bottom of the crosshair post is used as the aimpoint.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:13 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: awshucks

KLS, see this one on Midway USA. Just traded mine for a scvope for Smoke's Ruger 44 mag, lol. It's no Bushnell but it worked great for me, had one selection that was dead nuts at 20 and 30. Wouldn't work w/ Miller quiver mount btw.

[/link]
[/align][link=http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=194879]NcStar Tactical Holographic Red Dot Sight (Circle Crosshair with 4 MOA Dot, Circle with 4 MOA Dot, 1 MOA Dot, Crosshair with 4 MOA Dot) Matte
[/align]Product #: 194879
[/align]Status: Available
[/align]Our price: $49.00
[/align]
that doesnt look like a bad sight in itself either, especially for the price... if they only made a multi point reticle that was able to be used without trouble in the field I'd be sold...

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

What you going to do cossack/Boris?....Sight it in at 30yrds and see how high at 20yrds and low at 40yrds.will be interesting to read the feedback........Dot with circle being dot at 30 top of ring at 20 and bottom at 40,cant wait,get on it,well,what did you do,Iam waiting.........
Please do tell....Or due I need to get over thier,I will be out to Okesons sometime nxt week ...
with 435 gr arrows I had mine sighted in for 25 yards with my single point red dot and it hit exactly 4" low for every 5 yards I moved back, out to 40 yards anyway, so dead on at 25 yards was(and still is)12" low at 40 yards
Old 07-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll check that out. Not likely I'll be shooting much at 40 with this bow...except targets. The Cyclone has a 6" drop at 40, that's nuts-on using the first aimpoint down from the +.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:03 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: awshucks

[/link]
[/align][link=http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=194879]NcStar Tactical Holographic Red Dot Sight (Circle Crosshair with 4 MOA Dot, Circle with 4 MOA Dot, 1 MOA Dot, Crosshair with 4 MOA Dot) Matte
[/align]Product #: 194879
[/align]Status: Available
[/align]Our price: $49.00
[/align]

LOL

the more I look at that sight the more curious I get, I think I'm going to have to pick one up...

Quick Reply: Ain't she sweet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.