Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Single red dot VS peep and pins >

Single red dot VS peep and pins

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Single red dot VS peep and pins

Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Single red dot VS peep and pins

I really like to have multiple aiming reference points to allow me to accurately gage the proper hold for those in-between yardages. My Vixen is no speed demon of a crossbow after all, and I do have to make allowances for those 5 yard increment shots out to 30 yards. For me, if it came down to a choice between red dot and peep/pins, I'd leave the red dot in the box.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:36 AM

Bird! :-) It's working fine now isn't it?

Ivuv ......thanks! :-)

Arthur, I have a bag full of crossbow pins and those horrible peeps. I'll send them to anyone wanting them...............free:-)

Old 07-07-2008, 04:27 PM

Athur,

I'm shipping a set for your Vixen out to youtomorrow. Have fun. Watch out for that peep sight in low light hunting conditions:-) The deer will disappear on you when you look though the peep! The Zeiss Z-Point and Pride Fowler Holo sight will absolutely not do that. If you can see the deer with both eyes open you'll be able to see him through these sights , I dont care how dark it is. I don't know of any other sight I can truthfully say that about. There is no need to return the pin and peep sight. It's yours :-)
Old 07-07-2008, 05:29 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

for $450 thatz point better come with a knockout model in a bikini and an 18 pack of beer...

I'm sure the zeiss z point is a nice sight but I, like most guys I'm sure, just cant see spending $450 for a red dot sight no matter how much nicer it may be(or may not be) than the next red dot on the shelf, especiallyto put ona crossbow that wasnt that much itself to buy, and more so yet when it isnt the even the answer(maybe not even close)to the "whats the perfect crossbow sight" question...

I've used halo's and other various higher end lighted sights and I can easily affordone if I were to have that inclination but theres just no way I'd spend that much for a red dot sight, not even for my handguns, and especiallynot for acrossbow(or any bow),when theres other sights/scopes out there thatwork justas good(maybe better depending on your preference)for a fraction of the price...

I like the lumi zone... the magnification doesnt bother me much, Ihave 4x scopes on a couple of my small game rifles and those shots usually arent much more than 40 yards either, alot of times at fast moving game... the lowest power scope I have on a deer rifle is 3x...
zero powered red dot scopes are fine for fast target acquisition, and I do havea couple red dots(tasco's)on a couple of my hunting handguns where fast target acqusitionis more of a priority and usuallyneeded(a browning buck mark .22 anda .44 super redhawk) and I do like them for that purposebut I just dont have much need for fast target acquisition in my bow hunting, precision and confidence inwhere I'maimingare more important to me, and the little bit of extra size/weightthe lumi zonehas over any other sight is pretty small, and pretty irrelevant IMO compared to the advantages it offers, and if its too dark to see the animal through the scope then I just wont shoot, regaurdless of what sight I have... IMO itdoesnt add up the the extra weight/awkwardness of an on bow quiver and its mount/hardware that alot of guys like to run, or an on bow mounted range finder, but thats just my own opinion, everyone likes their own thing...
Old 07-07-2008, 07:42 PM

So you wouldn't put a $450.00 sight on this?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:43 PM

Or this?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:44 PM

Or this?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:54 PM

Or this? :-) I disagree with much of your post but that's the fun of having many choices. I know of nothing more important in my bowhunting than what I see or don't see and the difference in marginal quality optics and great optics can be subtle but I'll take all the help I can get. You are right, it's all about personal opinions.............and I value mine more so than yours.(just having fun here)

Old 07-07-2008, 07:59 PM

I forgot one!!!!! :-) Can't get too much of a good thing :-)

Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Moon ya da man!

Quick Reply: Single red dot VS peep and pins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.