Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

xbow scope??

Old 07-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Spike

Default xbow scope??

hi everyone....i have a question,does anyone know of any xbow scopes without all the yardage lines?.......i have heard that a regular scope wont work with a crossbow,is this true?.......i'd just like to have a scope for my new xbow without all those lines............any info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: xbow scope??

Many rifle scopes work just fine on crossbows. Check with the manufacturer to see if it will hold up and go from there...
Wyvern
Old 07-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Spike

thanks wyvern!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

excals lumizone has one xhair and 4 solid small black triangles that run 30-40-50. rifle scopes work well also. the heavy duplex or german post on bottom. will give 2 reference pts. example sight in at 20/25 yds with xhair then the heavy duplex or post junction will be 30/35 yds setting
Old 07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

I had a single red dot on mine and although I liked it at first I grew to wanting something with multiple points fairly quick, I'd imagine I'd have the same opinion on a regular rifle scope, I bought a lumi-zone from Wyvern Creations and cant believe I didnt do it right off the bat... with the lumi-zone and a range finder it almost take the fun out of it...
Old 07-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will 2nd and 3rd the Lumi-zone.
I too cant beleave I didnt go that route right away....
Old 07-05-2008, 10:13 PM

Looking at it from a different angle :-) I have hard time understanding why anyone needs magnification for shooting a deer sized animal at 30 yards. I also have a hard time understanding why anyone wants to add a large, heavy clunky rifle type scope to an already heavy crossbow. I have proved to myself mutlple times that in very low light, very close range shots in wooded terrain, target acquisition is better with a zero magnification reflex red dot sight. Shooting with both eyes open in these situations is a plus because depth perception is a crucial factor in not losing sight of the target. A scope with magnification creates depth perception problems for most folks in very low light close range shot situations because you either have your left eye closed or you are seeing a different image with each eye. Not good :-( Crossbow scopes with multiple closely spaced reticles AND magnification makes the problem even worse. For those reasons I use nothing but small lightweight red dot reflex sights either in single dot or 3 dot configuration. For single dot applications, the Zeiss Z-Point is unmatched in quality and patented features. For 3 dot applications, needed for extended range hunting situations, I use the Ten Point 3 dot or the Stryker 3 dot. Their dot spacing is different soI can normally get one or the other to work with most any crossbow by finding the right arrow and weight combination for either 20/30/40 yards or 30/40/50 yard sight-in.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aside from magnification, the most obvious advantage of a scope with an adjustable reticule spacing, like LumiZone, is that the scope can be tuned to the arrow...rather than the obverse.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lumizone/Vari-zone reticules.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Spike

i have tried the lumizone on a excal that i had and i just dont like all the lines and triangles and stuff on the crossbow scopes in general.....i know that 99.99999% of all xbow shooters favor the new technology in the scopes and i can understand that but i just want a regular lightweight scope with the normal old school reticles......i'm not talking about putting a zeiss conquest 4,5-14x44 or anything like that but rather just a small scope.

Quick Reply: xbow scope??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.