HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/251607-bowtech-do-all-their-reps-feel-way.html)

4patches 07-05-2008 07:52 AM

Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?

Matt / PA

titleAndStar(4528,0,true,false,"","")

[align=center][/align]
I'm not going to get drawn into a gigantic debate over this thing again but will only say that I will NEVER be in favor of X-Bows in the regular archery season and will lay out how I feel about it one big fat rant.

You want to see 270,000 Bowhunters turn into what?.......maybe 5-600,000 "Bowhunters" in a shorter season?
There's a win win huh? We'll start Oct 1st or so be done by 3rd week in Oct, lose the rut and every Remington 760 toting yeehaw will be scrambling for any crossbow they can afford.
Oh yeah.......and we'll be wearing orange while we do it.[:o]

You guys in crossbow states currently have ZERO clue what PA is truly like. Spend a lifetime hunting here as a resident on anything but a family owned posted to the gills property and you'll understand why this is a bad idea.

And this comes from a guy who is a rep for a company currently producing 2 of the most advanced and currently the most powerful crossbow on the market.
You guys who think rifle hunters are going to take a close up archery style mentality into the woods with them are BONKERS. :eek:Have you shot a new Bowtech Stryker? I can clank bolts together at 75 yards and still over 350fps at that range.

This is NOT archery hunting fellas and I don't really want to hear the crap about compounds being not much less than a crossbow. I shoot both.(Hell I shoot EVERYTHING.....flintlock, inline, rifle, pistol, compound and longbow and recurve)
There is no comparison to a bow you must draw, and hold back (I don't care about let off either, you still must draw and physically hold the bow out and there is a finite amout of time it can be done) VS cocking a 350-400fps weapon and resting it on a shooting stick until you flip the safety off look through the scope and shoot.

I can go on and on and on..........this united we stand devided we fall crap doesn't fly in this case, it doesn't. It's not a bow and is not an equal.......Crossbows do not fit in a season and state where we have the numbers of particpants that we do already sharing the same 2 months. We have small game seasons, turkey season, youth rifle season a week long early muzzleloader season all already cutting into the archery season and flooding the woods with people.
You do NOT want archery season turned into something resembling our general firearms season in the name of "Lets not bicker amongst ourselves" Don't get fooled into that logic.

It's hard enough to find any peace in what should be a peaceful season, so lets most likely double that participation in one season and see what happens?

If shooting a compound is so friggin easy.......that's the big argument. Compounds are so technoligically advanced and simple to master then put the 760 down and pick up a compound and give it a whirl, then pick up a scoped 350-400fps crossbow and tell me how they compare.
If a crossbow is NOT a bow, not held by hand,or drawn by handthen it doesn't belong in an ARCHERY SEASON forsame reason a rifle or pistol doesn't.
IF you want to participate in the archery season simply pick up one of these super easy to learn and master compounds I keep hearing about and welcome aboard. I can be the first person you seek for advice.
How can someone in favor of crossbows use the argument that a compound is so much like a crossbow.......I've even heard people say a compound is EASIER>[:-]LOL If that's the case pick one up and show me how easy it is. Why do you need to have your 175# 400fps shooting cocked and locked crossbow if my compound is so easy to use?

Crossbows might be a viable TOOL for management in a state where there are low hunter numbers yadda yadda but PA is, has been and always will be THE single most dysfunctional state in the country with respect to its hunting regulations, population and the general mindset of the hunters within it's boundaries. YOU simply cannot use ANY state as a model for what will happen here. It's a zoo now so lets screw it up even further if we can.

So who's with me!? Yes PA Game Commission please , please allow us to add another couple hundred thousand don't have the skill to use a "Simple" compound hunters to our season and while you are at it feel free to shorten it by 2-4 weeks to compensate and while you are at it can we also wear 250 square inches of orange too? I can't get enough of an orange blob behind every tree having to "Get their buck" for 2 weeks in December so please bring that joy to us a little earlier in the season where at least I won't be freezing my butt off. :eek:

< Message edited by Matt / PA -- 7/4/2008 11:10:44 PM >

Bigg~BirddVA 07-05-2008 08:08 AM

RE: Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?

Typical "my season, my deer, we're special in my state, the sky if falling " anti rant. Heard it all before. Another greedy hunter who wants to exclude others because archery is my season.

Whether he's a rep or not it's going to take a long time before xbows are considered archery by people with his mindset.

smokepolehall 07-05-2008 08:22 AM

he may rep for Bowtech, and claim to shoot CB's. he must get paid to do that at their shop. just another person who wants all the tick toters for himself. dollar to a dime at heart he doesn't anyone to hunt but himself . a Mod of what and where ?

coyote170 07-05-2008 08:26 AM

Under Crossbows on the main menu"This is not a crossbow debate forum"
Moderators should delete this post I feel.

TexasBowHunter 07-05-2008 08:48 AM

I am not against using crossbows but I am against them being used in the ARCHERY ONLY season, I agree with the above statement to an extent unless you have a disability then you should be allowed to archery hunt with a crossbow in the ARCHERY ONLY season. In Texas you can use a crossbow in the general season and that is where a crossbow needs to be, I feel it is just like a rifle or any other gun in the fact that you do not have to get drawn on an animal, you only have to point and shoot!!!!!!! It is the same as a guy wanting to use a deer rifle in the muzzle loader only season.....

smokepolehall 07-05-2008 08:59 AM

really ? i see you don't use any acrhery Bows or equipment. so why are you on a CB forum TexasBowHunter ?

Urban Legend 07-05-2008 09:05 AM

Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?
To answer your question, NO. Not the ones that sell a bunch of crossbows.

Wyvern Crossbow 07-05-2008 09:09 AM

I saw this post before...If he was my "rep" he would be looking for another job. I am fairly sick of this attitude especialy from a company that MAKES crossbows. IMO, if you REP for a company, you SPEAK for that company, and this guy needs a pink slip.

I think I will be making a few phone calls on monday...

Wyvern

awshucks 07-05-2008 09:17 AM

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

I am not against using crossbows but I am against them being used in the ARCHERY ONLY season, I agree with the above statement to an extent unless you have a disability then you should be allowed to archery hunt with a crossbow in the ARCHERY ONLY season. In Texas you can use a crossbow in the general season and that is where a crossbow needs to be, I fell it is just like a rifle or any other gun in the fact that you do not have to get drawn on an animal, you only have to point and shoot!!!!!!! It is the same as a guy wanting to use a deer rifle in the muzzle loader only season.....
Here ya go Tex!!

Cocked, locked and ready to rock..

The Concept99 Compound Bow

http://www.conceptarchery.com/

The Concept 99 Compound has a let off of 99%. That means that a bowhunter pulling 60 pounds will have a holding weight of 6/10s of a pound.

Now here is the "Cocked, locked and ready to rock" part of the Concept 99.

I attended the ATA trade show in Indianapolis a few years back and visited the Concept 99 booth. The owner demonstrated the bow to my son and myself. Quite interesting.

My son shot the bow and said it was nothing like he had ever shot before. As a request he held it back for more than 3 minutes. He finally shot as his arm was getting tired holding up the 3 1/2 pound bow.

He then pulled it back and rested the bottom limb on his leg so that he did not have to hold the weight of the bow up. He could do that all day long. The bow is pulled back - "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

The owner also demonstrated another way to be "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

He pulled the bow back, aimed it at the floor and released the handle of the bow. The 3 1/2 pound bow handle kept the bow at full draw even though he was not holding the handle. Remeber all the bow is at is 6/10s of a pound holding so the 3 1/2 pound riser weight offsets that. He was still holding the string with the hande just dangling. However, he was told by his insurance carrier to not promote the bow that way.

What does that mean to a bowhunter using one of these bows?

Whenever he wanted to a bowhunter could -

1) Draw and put the bottom limb against their leg and wait as long as it took for the deer to get into range. "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

2) Draw the bow, aim straight down, let go of the handle and hang the fully drawn bow on a bow hook. When a deer comes along, remove the fully drawn bow from the hook and shoot it. "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

More technological advantages that a bowhunter can use.
[/align]

TexasBowHunter 07-05-2008 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

I am not against using crossbows but I am against them being used in the ARCHERY ONLY season, I agree with the above statement to an extent unless you have a disability then you should be allowed to archery hunt with a crossbow in the ARCHERY ONLY season. In Texas you can use a crossbow in the general season and that is where a crossbow needs to be, I fell it is just like a rifle or any other gun in the fact that you do not have to get drawn on an animal, you only have to point and shoot!!!!!!! It is the same as a guy wanting to use a deer rifle in the muzzle loader only season.....
Here ya go Tex!!

Cocked, locked and ready to rock..

The Concept99 Compound Bow

http://www.conceptarchery.com/

The Concept 99 Compound has a let off of 99%. That means that a bowhunter pulling 60 pounds will have a holding weight of 6/10s of a pound.

Now here is the "Cocked, locked and ready to rock" part of the Concept 99.

I attended the ATA trade show in Indianapolis a few years back and visited the Concept 99 booth. The owner demonstrated the bow to my son and myself. Quite interesting.

My son shot the bow and said it was nothing like he had ever shot before. As a request he held it back for more than 3 minutes. He finally shot as his arm was getting tired holding up the 3 1/2 pound bow.

He then pulled it back and rested the bottom limb on his leg so that he did not have to hold the weight of the bow up. He could do that all day long. The bow is pulled back - "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

The owner also demonstrated another way to be "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

He pulled the bow back, aimed it at the floor and released the handle of the bow. The 3 1/2 pound bow handle kept the bow at full draw even though he was not holding the handle. Remeber all the bow is at is 6/10s of a pound holding so the 3 1/2 pound riser weight offsets that. He was still holding the string with the hande just dangling. However, he was told by his insurance carrier to not promote the bow that way.

What does that mean to a bowhunter using one of these bows?

Whenever he wanted to a bowhunter could -

1) Draw and put the bottom limb against their leg and wait as long as it took for the deer to get into range. "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

2) Draw the bow, aim straight down, let go of the handle and hang the fully drawn bow on a bow hook. When a deer comes along, remove the fully drawn bow from the hook and shoot it. "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

More technological advantages that a bowhunter can use.

[/align]

Yeah, sounds a lot like the DRAW LOK, which I don't think should be allowed either!!!!!!!!