Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way? >

Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?

Old 07-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Well, I didn't mean to get in over here where it aint my business and I werent tryin to cause trouble, just voicing an opinion on the subject that the poster had posted.....yuo have yur self a nice day now ya her!!!!
Ignorant, misinformed people usually answer with your answers. That concept 99 bow is a compound which can be legally used in any State which excludes crossbows. This bow, once drawn to full draw, will hold itself at full draw if hung upside down, only by it's own weight.

Thats a new one on me and I dont agree with it either

Actually many long time compound shooters find that hunting with the crossbows is too difficult for them (compounds are easier for them to use), but they like to have the choice of using either model bow.

I find this one to be B.S.

Now lets get to the discriminating factor. You say to let only the disabled use them. This requires Dr's visits, forms to be filled out ($ for the forms, time off work, and travel cost) to be incured to the disabled only. IF you truely believe in this, then lets make all archery hunters need a Dr's forms filled out to hunt with the non-cross bow archery equipment. Along with that, include the State fees for each form to be processed. Oh by the way ...... the USA fedal government has ruled that it is discrimating to make the disabled incure any extra costs which the abled body hunter does not incure.

The state of Texas must be going against the federal government then, if you can prove you have a 20% upper limb dissability you can hunt with a cb in the state of Texas during the archery only season
Old 07-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bigg~BirddVA

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

I am not against using crossbows but I am against them being used in the ARCHERY ONLY season, I agree with the above statement to an extent unless you have a disability then you should be allowed to archery hunt with a crossbow in the ARCHERY ONLY season. In Texas you can use a crossbow in the general season and that is where a crossbow needs to be, I feel it is just like a rifle or any other gun in the fact that you do not have to get drawn on an animal, you only have to point and shoot!!!!!!! It is the same as a guy wanting to use a deer rifle in the muzzle loader only season.....
So you're against blinds that conceal the hunter drawing the bow? Same effect as an xbow. Here's my answer to the draw and hold the bow line of crap.................... Looks extremely difficult to hold that one at full draw for more than say......... 10 minutes! LOL

I don't hunt with that bow nor have I ever heard of it!!!!!! I hunt out of hang on stands and don't hunt out of stands that conceal my drawing of the bow...I just simply don't see the two being in the same hunting catagory, not knocking it, just don't see them being in the same catagory thats all!!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i see your still here and causing unwanted trouble on a CB forum that says no debating. seems this a troll day. you use a compound training wheeled so called bow. you don't like using a real Bow ?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

i see your still here and causing unwanted trouble on a CB forum that says no debating. seems this a troll day. you use a compound training wheeled so called bow. you don't like using a real Bow ?
I didn't post this!!!!!!! And to answer your question yes I do hunt with real bows, I hunt traditional as well as with a compound.
Regards,
The Troll
Old 07-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

seems to me your here posting or is it your sin twister"
Old 07-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let it go, fellas. Ain't the first time this road's been travelled, by any of us, and we all know where it leads. Straight into the black hole of ignorance.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Since this is more about the idiot that is the "rep" for bowtech, here is a copy of the email I just sent off to the National Sales manager of Bowtech: Anyone else want to contact bowtech and let them know what a great job their rep is doing at promoting their product???

Attn: Jerid Strasheim
National Sales Manager
Bowtech Archery
Dear Mr. Strasheim:
I am going to assume that you have no idea of the post that Matt Mickey from Pennsylvania, a self proclaimed "factory rep" for Bowtech did on Hunting.net this weekend. In response to a thread about crossbows in Pennsylvania he posted the "rant" I copied below. I do not know exactly what position Mr. Mickey holds in your company, but if he is a "rep" as he claims then I am sure you will be as horrified as I when you read his post. A factory representative is responsible for presenting to the public a positive image of both a companies products and the company itself. His post showed not only a distinct lack of knowledge of what your crossbows are capable of, but viciously insulted your entire crossbow customer base. He is entitled to his opinions, but since he is involved in your company, representing ALL of your products, the most that we the public should hear about his opinions on crossbows is that he does not deal with that aspect of the company. I know of quite a few crossbow people, many of whom either own, or have been considering your crossbows, that are disgusted that this is the best Bowtech can do as far as representation.
There is no excuse for Mr. Mickey's "rant" and as someone who has had employees that misrepresented my company if I was in your position I would terminate your relationship with him. Mr. Mickey is both arrogant and ignorant and that is a dangerous combination when your company and its image is at stake. With all of the untapped archery talent available Mr. Mickey could easily be replaced with someone who would better represent Bowtech's interests.
I have personally been involved in the building up of Bowtech's crossbows and damage control due to design flaws as both a dealer and a frequent poster on the public forums. I have probably done more for your crossbow sales than you realize. My insight and guidance has led to a number of purchases of your crossbows from dealers other than me that otherwise would not have happened. To have a "rep" undermine all that I have done for Bowtech insults and angers me more than you can know. Bowtech has a huge financial investment in the crossbow customer and I am sure you are not impressed with having Mr. Mickey be such a loose cannon. I would very much appreciate a response as there are many people on these forums who want to know if Mr. Mickey's attitude is prevalent within the company and the only reason you are producing crossbows is to "get on the band wagon" rather than having a vested interest in the customer. Considering the title of the thread that this was copied to reads: "Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?" you can see that your company's position is now in questions due to this one "reps" ignorance.
Thank you
Sincerely
David Wilkins
Manager
Wyvern Creations
Old 07-05-2008, 04:37 PM

I know Jerid and John Strasheim and I seriously doubt that they would knowingly tolerate having anyone idiotic enough to post anti-bowtech product rants whilerepresenting Bowtech or Stryker on their payroll. Don't be surprised at anyting you see posted on crossbow forumsby the "It's all about me andmy bow season" anti-crossbow trolls. Thisguy said nothing that we havenot seen orheard a thousand times. Thanks, David, for calling this guy out. As a Bowtech and Stryker/Desert Stryker fanandpromoter,I, like tons of others, will continue to let people know the truth about crossbow inclusion in bowhunting seasons. Virginia, like quite a few other states, is a prime example of the good that crossbows can bring into a stagnant hunting situation. That's the proof states like Michigan and PA need in order to make logical decisions and not rants from folks that you would expect that from.

Tom Butler
Old 07-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt is a good guy. He's one of the comparatively few people are on these forums that I would truly like to spend a week hunting with. I'm not going stab someone I consider a friend in the back with an e-mail, so count me out of your vigilante campain.

"I disagree with him so I'm gonna do my damnedest to have him fired." A little too Al Sharpton-ish for my blood anyway. Hopefully, the powers that be at Bowtech are a little more compassionate than that and will simply give him a talking to about publicly airing personal opinions that aren't in the interest of their full line of products. Nobody... N-O-B-O-D-Y... deserves to be fired simply because I don't agree with them.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW I say WOW...If anyone from the Bow company of bows I ownwould say something like this I would sell my Compounds and Recurves and Longbow of said companyasp..
This would be like a PSE rep bashing Trad shooters.........I just dont understand why some people are so anel over what type or style of bow you use.....I do but its such a p i s s poor argument it aint worh the sweat of my nads to get into a pee poor argument that wount go no where in the minds of self centerd people........Just remember the world revolves around me and not you type of attitude stinks......

Quick Reply: Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.