HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Excal Y25 Impressions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/251471-excal-y25-impressions.html)

DaGriz 07-03-2008 04:19 PM

Excal Y25 Impressions

I received my Y25 today. Number 357. Put it together and shot some arrows. It is heavy, noisey as all get out, quite slow and now where near as accurate as my TenPoints, plus the trigger is lousy.

With 410gr Goldtips, 2" blasers the best I get is 291FPS. So much for the advertised 330FPS! Best group I can get is 2&1/2 inches at 20yds off a rock solid bench. (Same arrows shot from my TenPoints group under 3/4"inch if I want to ruin a few arrows) It makes all kind of ratlling noises , worse than a Cyclone, trigger has more creep and travel than a cheap foriegn rifle trigger. Final let-off is rough and hard.

The one positive thing is it's a pretty good looking crossbow!

smokepolehall 07-03-2008 05:07 PM

RE: Excal Y25 Impressions

if its that bad you need to send it back to excal with a $20 bill and tell them now they had something. ihaven't found all those problemsin the one i got to shoot. loud no diff than my phoenix maybe a little quieter. good stock no rattles smooth trigger. chrony said 297 fps with 430 gr CTII's.

speed 330 fps with 350 gr arrow. is there any CB you do like ? i would have robinhoods if i didn't shoot at a diff spot at 20 yds

coyote170 07-03-2008 05:21 PM

I think he mentioned Ten Point,I know how you feel Griz!Love that curve!;):D;):D;):D;):D;):D;)

DaGriz 07-03-2008 05:29 PM

Smokepolehall wrote "......is there any CB you do like ? i would have robinhoods if i didn't shoot at a diff spot at 20 yds"

Yup, I love my TenPoints. They are very quiet, (no rattles) extremely accurate and shoot fast. :D

Urban Legend 07-03-2008 06:36 PM

Seems like you are having a hard go at it with the new crossbows. But then again, you know what they say, if ain't broke.....

smokepolehall 07-03-2008 07:25 PM

well you personally said that Excal makes a sorry lousy product! your entitled too, you sending it back ?

Dnk 07-03-2008 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: DaGriz

Smokepolehall wrote "......is there any CB you do like ? i would have robinhoods if i didn't shoot at a diff spot at 20 yds"

Yup, I love my TenPoints. They are very quiet, (no rattles) extremely accurate and shoot fast. :D
I appolgize in adavance but you are a without question wrong or something else. My Ten Point is far from quiet in stock form. On the other hand maybe you are hard of hearing. I think this is the first time anyone has said with a blanket statement that Ten Points are quiet. Hmmm

Dnk 07-03-2008 07:29 PM

Geeeze when David at Wyvern Creations heard that I was not impressed with the extreme noise from my Ten Point he told me I wasn't stuck with it so I guess the Y25 will be taken care of.

Wyvern Crossbow 07-03-2008 07:44 PM

Yes, I am taking it back...:)
Wyvern

Dnk 07-03-2008 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Wyvern Crossbow

Yes, I am taking it back...:)
Wyvern

Unlike a very few others David, you are a true gentleman!
Edit, I meant Unlike many I've met others................