Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excal Y25 Impressions >

Excal Y25 Impressions

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excal Y25 Impressions

Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Excal Y25 Impressions

Wow my Y25 shot 314fps and I dont think its any differant then my Vortex as far as sound goes and the stock fits me way better then the Vortex due to the Y25 haveing the pad on the end and my cheek fits nice and the eye releaf is better too.....I also bought some STS pads and some odds and ends to make my own STS system for both(thanks for the heads up)and that should hush it up a little and as far as the trigger goes I like it.....
Sometimes you get a cherry and sometimes you may get a lemon,hate to hear yours wasnt up to par Griz.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

[] Griz, sorry to hear you didn't care for the bow. Mine has a trigger that breaks like glass at about 3 lbs w/ no creep or drag. Didn't you have a problem w/ the trigger on another xbow? Seem to recall reading somewhere you sent it in for an "up grade". Also, seem to recall the cost was $135. Was that plus shipping both ways? Weren't you also involved in alot of discussion on another forum on how the other bow wouldn't get the claimed fps w/ your idea of hunting weight arrows? Maybe recurves aren't for everyone?
Old 07-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

[] Griz, sorry to hear you didn't care for the bow. Mine has a trigger that breaks like glass at about 3 lbs w/ no creep or drag. Didn't you have a problem w/ the trigger on another xbow? Seem to recall reading somewhere you sent it in for an "up grade". Also, seem to recall the cost was $135. Was that plus shipping both ways? Weren't you also involved in alot of discussion on another forum on how the other bow wouldn't get the claimed fps w/ your idea of hunting weight arrows? Maybe recurves aren't for everyone?
Careful Dan, you don't want any emails or PMs in bad taste and profane name calling like I got. Just back away.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

lets see if i remember correctly on ten pt forum, complaining of beloved CB wouldn't attain the fps speed with arrows! my my, you don't learn do you. i am the one your mama warned you about. i will mix it up, just my up bringing don't cha knowed! chewed hickory stumps as a boy!
Old 07-04-2008, 12:57 PM

What is the draw weight on the Y25?
Old 07-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Moonkryket

What is the draw weight on the Y25?
200lbs, same as your Vortex.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Banned

My post at the beginning of this thread is MY IMPRESSIONS, of[/b] the Y25 that I received. Those impressions have nothing to do with anyone else’s Y25. Because I decided I did not like several things about that particular Y25 every body goes on the defensive as if I am attacking their Y25. What a crock! Everyone has their opinions, likes and dislikes. If you like your Y25 or other Excalibur crossbow, good for you. If you think they are the best thing since sliced bread, that’s great. Don’t pee in my cereal because I had one with problems and I decided I don’t like it.

I make my own decisions and form my own opinions and I tell things as I experience or see them If you don’t like my impressions or what I said about MY Y25 then don’t read the post nor comment about it. I never asked for your opinions and don’t want to hear them unless I ask.

If I posted on the TenPoint forum about the advertised speed of a crossbow, that is my opinion. If I’m not happy with it, than that is my decision. I don’t have to like the same things you do and I don’t have to be satisfied with the same stuff you do.
It’s rea; easy to sit behind your computers and be a “better than you” person
I don’t want your opinion unless I ask. I don’t care if you don’t like my impressions of something.

I learn quite well and my mother didn’t have to warn me about certain types of people. There’s nothing to be warned about For the most part they think they are intelligent by trying to start trouble, believe they are tough guys but are normally all hot air and braggadocio. They don’t amount to a hill of beans and certainly don’t require any concern on my part!

If you people want to criticize than go for it. It dang sure doesn’t bother me If I never posted again on these forums I wouldn’t lose a minute of sleep over it.

I’ve met some real good people and I notice none of those jumped in to pick apart my posts

To the rest of you, you can kiss my hairy goat smelling arse![:@]
Old 07-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

well don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! go to the ten pt forum thats a good forum. i don't care what you think of me.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whee!! Free Fireworks on the 4th!!

1. nothing to rattle on the bow, safety and trigger only moving parts
2. can't get advertised fps w/o FFF and 350ish gr arrows, but will do all they say it will w/ them
3. about 1 lb heavier than regular Excal, price of wood stock
4. have shot house flys at 20 yds w/ every Excal I've owned

Caution: these are my impressions, yours may vary.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

[][][][][][][][][][:-][:-][:-][:-][:-]also opinions can vary!

Quick Reply: Excal Y25 Impressions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.