Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Buying a Phoenix with a couple of questions >

Buying a Phoenix with a couple of questions

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Buying a Phoenix with a couple of questions

Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 AM

Default Buying a Phoenix with a couple of questions

Been reading the forum for years and I have just about decided, that bang for the buck, the Phoenix is the CB for me. However, there are several options or avenues I can choose, and I need some help.

1. I know of a used Phoenix (unknown year) for $400with Vari-zone Multiplex Scope,Quiver, 10 Bolts, Cocking Aid Rope,Destringer, Cordura Soft Case,and Rail Wax/Lube. Is this a good deal, and if so, what do I need to look for in a used bow that might be an indicator of abuse or dry fire?

2. I have found a new Phoenix package for $775.95 that includes: 2008 175lb Phoenix Crossbow, Excalibur Lumizone Scope, Scope Mount, Scope Rings, STS Crossbow Silencing System,Kwikee 3 Quiver, 12 Gold Tip Carbon Arrows, 12Field Points, Apack of American Broadhead Sonic Pro 100'sBroadheads, Rope Cocking Aid, Bow Stringer, Deck Wax, Quake Crossbow Sling, Neet Padded Crossbow Case, and top mount quiver bracket.

Is the second optiona package I should jump at? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buying a Phoenix with a couple of questions

ok brand new phoenix about $380 including shipping. so if its a 2007/8 model good price. if its 2005/6 model not so good as the 1st ones power stroke is less and it doesn't get the adv. speed if your into speed. myself the 2nd deal i would pass on. you can peice together what you need for same or less.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Actually, that "second deal" is mine...and no, you cant do it for less with all the stuff I include....you may not NEED all of the components, in which case I can customize a kit for you and at that point, the total would be less, but I put together pretty much the most complete kit out there and FYI, a bare Phoenix from me is only $389.00...

One of the main issues for new people is that Excalibur is a bare bow that needs all the extras to make it work....quite a few people buy a $390 bow then find out it is another $250.00 to get all the parts to make a complete bow package. Not an issue if the buyer is aware of it, but for all the people touting the "under $400 you can buy an Excal" you need to mention that it does not even come with one arrow...
KRY226...PM me me if you have any questions.

Wyvern
Old 06-27-2008, 02:03 PM

Gents, I appreciate the replies. I understand about the bare bow thing. I've been into archery for many years now, and aside from the catalog orders, you usually buy a bare bow. I am just not as familiar with the CBs, or their retailers, as I am with the vertical ones. I am stationed here in Georgia right now which, as I am sure you know, has a very CB friendly attitude for hunting. As such, I am trying to figure out my best avenue of approach.

Thanks again, and keep the comments or suggestions coming. Wyvern, I'll certainly keep you in mind for a future purchase.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

friend i didn't say who's as i didn't know! don't care! i just said you could piece or cobble enough to get by for say this season and add to it later. i will be honest i get a fixed incme of $557 a month to live on. so i do what i can and save for other stuff to add to my outfit. you need a CB,rope cocker,wax, extra string, arrows field pts and B'heads. Cb comes with a peep kills tick toters fer days on end.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

"i just said you could piece or cobble enough to get by for say this season and add to it later."

Yep..and I agreed with you

Wyvern
Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Smoke is right about getting away with less money but if you go with David's deal you are going first class. You know you have the forward mounted limbs, a spanking new bow and everything you need and then some. You are getting 12 arrows, not just six as some packages come, a better scope, a much better case aaaand an STS! It is all equiped to be fast, silent and deadly! No abuse, no botched jobs, no frustrations. The best part is you get David who will look after you if there is an issue or question which parallels the quality of the bow.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:39 AM

Thanks gentlemen. You're all bringing good information to the table for me that I hadn't considered. But instead of getting easier to decide, it's getting harder. It seems either way I go, new or used, I cannot do too bad with an Excal. Thanks for your info, which I am sure you've typed a hundred times before for newbies like me.

Kyle
Old 06-28-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The support you get from Wyvern Crossbows is priceless,Im on a fixed
income and bit the bullet and got a "package deal"and have never had
to add anything but what I wanted to play with!He may be half way
across the country,but the support that you get after comparing to
a local dealer that I have delt with for twenty years is great!The deals
my local dealer offered did not come close to what David did for me!
To each his own just my feelings on the matter!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well to me it's crystal clear. Buy from Wyvern if you can aford the extra bucks, you get everything including him if there are any questions or problems. You are buying insurance and assurance. If you want to save some bucks you throw the dice and if you have problems you vent and spit out some more money. Personally I cannot afford the time to screw around.
Earlier this year I was interested in a bow that was new to the market. Being that no one had any hands on information on the bow I called the biggest keener on crossbows (yes David is a keener!) and asked a few questions and had the bow shipped a few thousand miles to Toronto becauase I was sure I was going to get the best support from him. Someone reported to David that I had an issue with the bow and the nut case phoned me! He told me I wasn't stuck with the bow and offered whatever assistance I needed. As it turned out I didn't really have a true problem per se about I was just whining that the bow wasn't as good as an Excalibur. LOL!

Quick Reply: Buying a Phoenix with a couple of questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.