Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Ideas to store crossbow >

Ideas to store crossbow

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ideas to store crossbow

Old 07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Spike

Default Ideas to store crossbow

I want to keep my crossbow in my detached 2 car garageas it makes it very accessible to pull it out for target practice, or if I see something needing to be shot. Problem is my garage can be pretty dusty from woodoworking and stuff and I don't want dust to build up on the scope lens or other areas. I do a lot of outside chores and usually have the garage door open so can walk in and grab it to shoot a veggie-munching deer when needed.

I'm short on wall space to hang it up as all the wall space is currently occupied with tools, other sporting gear, shelving, etc.

I could get a crossbow case - keep it under a workbench or something. And/or I could get lens covers to keep the dust off the scope. Kinda wondering if others have built or found a easy way to store theirs.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ideas to store crossbow

Mine is hung in the basement on the foot stirup wth 1/2 of an old sock over the scope. Not fancy but it works.

Bob
Old 07-11-2008, 04:21 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

you could get a cheap case like this to put it in... http://www.crossbowhuntingpro.com/content-product_info/product_id-1992/allen_casees_crossbow_sleeve_oakbrush.html

you may even be able to find them cheaper, I havent looked, Ibought one just to have for a small, lightweight"emergency" case,its not padded or overly durable but it would work good for what you want it for, and bow acccess is fairly good with it
Old 07-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

I put old socks over the limbs. They stretch right to the point of touching. So the cams, limbs, most of the stringand riser are protected from most dust and other junk floating around.
The rest is easy to dust off.

Mike
Old 07-15-2008, 07:24 AM

i hung mine on my wall in my bedroom
Old 07-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Any cover that allows breathing so as not to allow moisture to collect or be stored in the cover is ideal. Excal makes a simple cloth case which breaths. I pulled a revolver from a lamb skin case to find rust. Currently car covers are made breathable as well to prevent moisture damage but does not allow much dust through.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: cbmagnum

i hung mine on my wall in my bedroom
X2! They share the space between my bed and my guns!!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

I don't have any suggestions on where to hang your bow, I just want to know where you live that allows youto...
"...walk in and grab it to shoot a veggie-munching deer when needed."

xbowbarry
Old 07-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Spike

I live in Virginia where landowners such as myself can get a Deer Kill permit from our game and fish folks. I have one but the bastards only show up late at night when I am deep asleep. Like last night - they ravaged my peppers and tomatoes. Damn I am so pissed.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

wasabi, I have an idea.
BBO

Quick Reply: Ideas to store crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.