Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Range Finders and How do you carry your X Bow >

Range Finders and How do you carry your X Bow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Range Finders and How do you carry your X Bow

Old 05-22-2008, 10:30 AM

Default RE: Range Finders and How do you carry your X Bow

i bought a Nikon 440 2 years ago and it still has the same batteries and works like a champ everytime, however...i always have a spare battery in my pack just in case...lol

although...i almost bought the Bushnell 450' buti changed my mind and paid the difference and went with the Nikon 440 instead, all i can say is its well worth the extra i put into getting it.

my brother had a Bushnell 450 and after he tried my Nikon' he sold it and bought one like mine, it does everything you need to do and fits nicely in the palm which allows easy one hand operation
Old 05-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

I sling my bow like a gun, over my shoulder. Works fine with a turkey vest, most of the crossbow weight is up high anyways.
Rangefinders, big jump from plain to "weatherproof" when it comes to cost. I mounted mine and if the weather is less than perfect I slide a plastic sheet over it and simply change the way I carry it.
This is the bottom of the barrel Bushnell, works great. It is mounted to a rangefinder mount invented by one of our members here and now produced by Excalibur, works on any scope, gun or bow. I modified mine a bit to add a remote switch.

That's a good idea with the switch. I will be mountingrangefinder sometime too. I just have a cheap Sport 450, but it has worked good so far. Alot of timesI justpre-range scent tabs, tree's etc. on the trail to get my ranges ahead of time. The switch surewould make it easy to use on the bow. Thanks.

chris
Old 05-26-2008, 01:26 PM

I use a Leica1200 I got from Cabelas. It worksextremely well but might be an over kill for a crossbow hunting. I use it mostly forcompetition shooting.