Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Was Going to shoot..BUT >

Was Going to shoot..BUT

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Was Going to shoot..BUT

Old 04-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Was Going to shoot..BUT

I'm thinking the snow is overblown for our area, likely will get rain. Set up the Doghouse tonight,overlloking a field of corn remnants. There were 3 Jakes and a breeder tom on the field when we arrived. They eased off but have been hanging around on a daily bais. Plan to be on site by 5:30 tomorrow, set the decoys out and wait. If it rains, won't matter, they gotta eat.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya looks like I-94 and south will get snow....Saw 3turksyesterday across the road in a fieldfrom me,1st time in 11 yrs since Ive seen them around here....Normaly closer to Vergas or Dent,I think they are closeing the gap witch will be good for me nxt yr.
I cant wait till Saturday cold,rain I will be at theToad Lake 3-D shootif it isnt called off....I doubt it will be canceld....

Good luck Boris....
Old 04-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Hey James, think of the bright side....you'll be able so see the turkeys easlier, you'll see more turkey sign and you can tunnel under them an grab them! LOL!
Your way to funny Don .......Maybe I can justyank them down by thier beardsand hope I dont get spured.[].....

I cant wait to see what they say at Toad Lake when I ask if I can use my CB...If they say no I will ask for my money backj/k...will shoot one round compound and one with trad bow...The CB will have to wait for later.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Day 1, cold and gray, winds up to 40 mpi. Had three birds come in today. Two jakes I could have shot. But the tom stayed out around 27 yards. It was too windy to risk a shot. Seemed top be spooked by the wind noise the blind was making. Watched the birds for the better part of 2 hrs. Could make him 'dance' with soft calls but would not close the gap to my self inposed shooting max of 25 yards. X bow hunting gobblers is loads of fun. Lots of ducks & geese in same field. Even had a sandhill crane close by.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Banned

I envy you guys We have lots of trukeys here but the DNR , in their ultimate wisdom, says they can't survive here becuase of the winters, no season. What a crock! They just don't have a idea what goes on here It''s no wonder that DNT stands forDo Nothing Right.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys just set up my old browning storm for bowfishing,going to try it but anyway can a person set up a cb to bowfish I really never looked into it before so insted of surffing the Netthought you guys could tell me...
Old 05-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

http://www.tenpointcrossbow.com/What...ccessories.asp
Old 05-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would give me more CB time.......

Thanks Don.....I tink me getting lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy...
Old 05-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The AMS is what I bought all I would need is the Mounting hardwear....I wounder why they show it on the Curve and not the compound...Hmmmmm...should be the same I would think....I will ask Randy...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

I've thought of setting up a bowfishing rig for my crossbow but in the end decided against it, bowfishing is an art in itself as judging the bowfishing shot is a whole different game than regular shooting(aiming low and judging various water/shot depths) and is best done with instinctive shooting, I would guess its entirely possible with a crossbow but my finding is that a vertical bow is far easier to judge water/depth shots and there for is alot better/easier choice than the crossbow for fishing