Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 New to the Crossbow world >

New to the Crossbow world

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New to the Crossbow world

Old 04-04-2008, 09:07 PM

Default New to the Crossbow world

I have been following Crossbow hunting for Turkeys now for2 years and finally pulled the trigger (so to speak) and bought my first bow. I purchased the Parker Terminator. I read about an awful lot of Crossbows and performance. It is hard to find a solid performer with good fps, is light weight and fits the average guys budget. Anyway I should have itearly next week and get sighted in. It appears that Muzzy 100gr's are the broad head of choice. I will need further advice and will appreciate input as I proceed.

Glad I also joined this forum. It hasbeen GREAT reading.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:11 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default RE: New to the Crossbow world

ORIGINAL: Dmax Dually

It is hard to find a solid performer with good fps, is light weight and fits the average guys budget.

hhmmm.... you must have overlooked it, its call a Phoenix and its made by Excalibur...

welcome to the forum...
Old 04-05-2008, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Actually, if you compare the packages the Terminator and the Phoenix package are about the same price. The advantage ofcourse is the narrowness of the compound, but the Excal is the lighter of the two bows. Either is a good choice, but for turkey, check out the American Broadhead Turkey Tearror....flies great from a crossbow and is devistating on birds.
Wyvern

Old 04-05-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: Dmax Dually

I have been following Crossbow hunting for Turkeys now for2 years and finally pulled the trigger (so to speak) and bought my first bow. I purchased the Parker Terminator. I read about an awful lot of Crossbows and performance. It is hard to find a solid performer with good fps, is light weight and fits the average guys budget. Anyway I should have itearly next week and get sighted in. It appears that Muzzy 100gr's are the broad head of choice. I will need further advice and will appreciate input as I proceed.

Glad I also joined this forum. It hasbeen GREAT reading.
Thought he was talking about the Ten Point curve fora sec.He did good
tho now if he listens to Dave about the American Broadhead line he will
be one happy turkey hunter!
Old 04-05-2008, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Plus you can tell by his avitar that he enjoys some of the finer things
nice looking four wheeler there bud!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man after my own heart. I missed two bucks shooting Thundheads with my Terminator. Switched to Slick Tricks, problem over. Score is not two for two...same arrow. I'll be using the slicks with grapplers for rednecks in a couple of weeks but have to decide if the Terminator or Vortex gets the nod. Hmmmmm, choices, choices.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:00 AM

Hey thanks for the responses all,
Interesting I looked at what seemed to behundreds of Xbows and variants . I went to other sites and read. Read Cabela's and Bass Proreaders evaluations. It can become analysis paralysis pretty fast.Clearly there are units lighter and faster but as we know we pay big $$$for them. Being this is my first crack at this I figured I would start middle road and grow into it. Thanks Wyvern on the broadhead tip. I will order some of those and give them a spin. What have you found is the maximum accuraterange of flight?

Thanks on the Avatar. I really enjoy that thing when I find time to ride it. Out here in Calif you find very few places where you can actually use it for what I wanted to and that was get way to the backwoods to hunt. Do not get me wrong. I am a avid backpacker and enjoy thehikes Turkey hunting but the fact you have to get up 2am to walk those 4-5 miles to get set up can really make a long day out of it.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

You would love MO.lots of atv parks and with my permit I ride a lot on
state land,etc,welcome a board glad to have you here.[8D]
Old 04-05-2008, 02:10 PM

Well I read up on the American Turkey Tearror and they got very mixed reviews. Most complained that the external unsupported piece breaks off. I purchased some HellRazor 1 Piece Broadheads and a pack of Grim Reapers. Sadly to purchase the others I would spend as much in shipping to get them here as I would for the price of the Broad head.

XBow will be here Monday UPS....GO BROWN........
Old 04-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Am curious where you got the review on the American Broadhead
Wyverns ships broadheads about any where in the US for about
five dollars thanks,Yote!

Quick Reply: New to the Crossbow world

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.