HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   LOL, well... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/240628-lol-well.html)

KLS 04-03-2008 01:33 PM

LOL, well...

you can add my name to the dry fire list... :D

its been a hectic day so I thought I'd go out, shoot a few rounds and listen to the birds sing... I got everything outside, cocked my bow(first shot), flipped the scope caps open, turned the scope on, took off the adjustment caps so I could fine tune the POI, laid the bow down on the bags, lined up the shot and pulled the trigger... and in amongst doing all the other stuff guess what I forgot to do...:D

I knew I'd do it sooner or later but it wasnt as dramatic of an occurance as I thought it would be and it didnt bother the bow at all, in fact other than it made a louder noiseit didnt even noticed it happened, nor did it seem to even care

some times you just have to laugh at the stupid things you do I guess... :D

Dnk 04-03-2008 01:42 PM

RE: LOL, well...

Dry-Fire Dan! LOL! Has a ring to it! Almost as good as Dry-Fire Don!

ranger56528 04-03-2008 04:16 PM

Hahaha,a club I have yet to join :D.....I know,I know my time will come...[&o]...;)

Pydpiper 04-03-2008 04:45 PM

Welcome to the club! The first one is always the hardest.:D

Buckhunter46755 04-03-2008 07:07 PM

I dread the day my turn comes...I've came close once or twice.
I'm glad you and your bow are both okay.
chris

907Alaska 04-03-2008 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Buckhunter46755

[align=left]I dread the day my turn comes...I've came close once or twice.[/align][align=left]I'm glad you and your bow are both okay. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left]chris[/align]
Me too...but not yet

Dnk 04-04-2008 05:27 AM

Some say there are two kinds of people, those that have and those that will, but I think there is a third, those who that will again! and again!

tkstae 04-04-2008 05:12 PM

After four years of shooting it happened to me last Fall. My Exocet survived but it did POP the string. Sure better than snapping a limb.

KLS 04-05-2008 12:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Dry-Fire Dan! LOL! Has a ring to it! Almost as good as Dry-Fire Don!
LOL, yeah it does kind of roll off the tounge, as long as it doesnt start sounding like "making-that-a-habit" Dan... :D

ORIGINAL: tkstae

After four years of shooting it happened to me last Fall. My Exocet survived but it did POP the string. Sure better than snapping a limb.
yeah, like I said my bow didnt even flinch... and other than it made noticably louder noise it really wasnt much of an ordeal, I was surprised...

I'm not sure I'd want to try it with a higher poundage bow though, or even one without the dissapater bars...

Cossack 04-05-2008 07:17 AM

Very reminiscent of my one and only dryfire. I now put the safety on instinctively. Glad no damage was done.