Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excocet or Vortex? >

Excocet or Vortex?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excocet or Vortex?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Excocet or Vortex?

Igot the "Right stuff" package w/ my first Excal and ended up paying more $ to get [a] miller killer arrows [b] his over the bow quiver mount [c] Slick Trick bheads. While you can't really save any $ piecing your own "package" you do get better/more user friendly stuff, imho. Also, a reminder that BHSS has a store credit only policy on returns, so if you "shop" there keep that in mind.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roseaukaine

Thanks for the replys!!

I'm 5'10" tall....I will order my new CB (still deciding) with the right stuff scope package and wait to see if I need the cockaroo.Which scope do ya'll recommend from Excal?
You cannot go wrong with the ExcalLumizone..I have it on 2 XBows...the only one that I would buy...IMO
Old 03-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Spike

I have an Excal Lumizone scopeon my Vortex - it is a great combination !
Old 04-01-2008, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

are you rh? if so you will like the Vortex. i am 5' 10" and i had the e'cet 200 was a long stroke to cock, but not too bad. i have had surgery and have 3 hern. disc's and use rope cocker. both are great CB's. scopes i use a rifle scope on Miss Vixen to hunt with. i have had both the vari & lumizone scopes. i like the lumi the best and have it on Miss Phoenix
Old 04-01-2008, 09:31 AM

I like my Vortex, but I try to get everything with a thumb hole stock since the first time I used one on a center fire. I have the Lumizone and the Varizone and like the Lumizone the most. It has the lighted reticles, but I do not use them much since the bigger objective lens lets me hunt just fine with them off. As Dan said the right stuff pack helps a new guy out alot and then after you gain knowledge you can start to mix things up a little.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:42 PM

Looks like I'm going to go Vortex....thanks guys!! It comes with dissapator bars....should I look into buying the sts system for it as well, or will I justneed string silencers?
Old 04-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roseaukaine

Looks like I'm going to go Vortex....thanks guys!! It comes with dissapator bars....should I look into buying the sts system for it as well, or will I justneed string silencers?
The jury is not out on the STS. My bumpers spit in 55 shots. I called the maker Bucks 'N Ducks and they are replacing them. They said I must have gotten a bad batch. They are guaranteed for a year. Sure do work though.
Stick the the factory string that comes with the bow until you know you will not have a dry-fire before you think about a faster string. Don't bother with string silencers. The only string silencers I've seen work and stay on are cat whiskers and they don't like to say on a bare string strands. They are best served onto a
Flemish string.
Have fun and report in!