Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 opinions on PSE Rattler Crossbow as a 1st Crossbow >

opinions on PSE Rattler Crossbow as a 1st Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

opinions on PSE Rattler Crossbow as a 1st Crossbow

Old 03-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: opinions on PSE Rattler Crossbow as a 1st Crossbow

Save another250-300 and get yourself a 10Point TL7 With Acudraw for $519.00
Old 03-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

A quick note...$519.00 is the bow with scope and accessories, but no draw assist. The Accudraw 50 model would be $619.00 and the full Accudraw would be $719.00
Wyvern
Old 03-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Check oute bay for used and new phoenix. I purchased a NIB phoenix for 305.00 plus 20.00 s/h (in early jan.). I have seen them go for more money and i have seen used ones go for less. Last month a NIB phoenix was never sold and its asking price was 300.00. If you are interested in a vixen they have a NIB vixen for 259.00 plus 20.00 s/h and its a buy it now price on e bay.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:53 PM

I bought a PSE Rattler in the fall of 07 since I tore a tendon in my right arm and the doc didn't want me pulling my compound back. I bought it mainly because of the price but once I received it, I knew I got my moneys worth with it. It's respectably fast and very accurrate- even out to 50 yards! It's also built very well and the quality is excellent. I wasn't all that impressed with the three dot scope but it absolutely served the purpose and I filled the freezer with it with a couple of Whitetails. My dad will be needing a new crossbow for this season and I'm considering buying another one just like it. I let him shoot it a few times and he fell in love with it. It's a very tough package to beat for the money.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-20-2008, 05:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

my bad your right lol.

ORIGINAL: Wyvern Crossbow

A quick note...$519.00 is the bow with scope and accessories, but no draw assist. The Accudraw 50 model would be $619.00 and the full Accudraw would be $719.00
Wyvern
Old 03-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Banned

Every crossbow manufacturere has their dedicated owners, who will support them to no end! I personally DO NOT like nor will I buy a crossbow that is made off shore. [:@] Nor a crossbow that is warrantied for less than lifetime![:@] That limitsthe choice to about four companies and they happen to be the best of the best! Ten Point, Excalibur, Parker and Bow Tech!!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:05 PM

DaGriz,

I appreciate your patriotism and pride myself in also supporting the American nameplates whenever I can. All of the brands you list above are as good as it gets but some of them are downright ridiculously expensive. Some of the Ten Point bows are approaching 2K. The Rattler doesn't require a kings ransom to buy, shoots very well and is well built and will make game animals just as dead as the $2000 Ten Point crossbow will. It's a bargain for the $272 that I spent on it. I've shot Jennings and Horton crossbows and the Rattler would out shoot any of the ones that I've shot. I also wouldn't consider myself a dedicated PSE owner because it is the first PSE that I've owned. I shoot Jennings compounds and have for about 20 years now. Ianrose asked a question and I'm giving him an honest field evaluation of the crossbow. Just telling it like it is, no fluff, nothing preconceived, just the plain old truth. BTW, I forgot to mention that the bolts that come with it are crap and will bend if you look at them wrong. Get some XX75 2216's or some carbons and you'll be much happier (they're 17" long).
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Banned

dd95966
Yup, The four manufacturers I listed do have high priced bows. They ALSO have very economically priced bows, as well as top of the line bows. Like you I expressed my opinion and thoughts. I believe that EVERYONE should buy AMERICAN made as much as possible.
I also believe that you get what you pay for. Buy cheap, you get cheap.

You gave him your evaluation of the Rattler which is great. He also needs to know what alternatives are available. The preconceived idea that the big four manufacturers bows are all "ridiciously expensive" is far removed from the truth!
Old 03-20-2008, 04:06 PM

DaGriz,

You are equating inexpensive with cheap and in this instance, that couldn't be further from the truth. I guarantee it will whack as many deer as the more expensive brands.

dd
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Banned

"Whacking" deer is not a major concern Most any crossbow that you can buy is capable of "whacking" a deer. Reliability, consistency, dependability, customer service, warranty, longivity, durability etc, etc are the key issues.

Quick Reply: opinions on PSE Rattler Crossbow as a 1st Crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.