Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 pydpiper question? >

pydpiper question?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

pydpiper question?

Old 01-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Spike

Default pydpiper question?

what kind of speed do you think i would get out of a 2219 with blazers and fff string out of my exocet 200??, just curious i know you would have an educated answer for me, thanks, Rick ,{aka},speedball...................
Old 01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pydpiper question?

You will get exactly what Excalibur advertises, about 330 FPS provided you are using 100 grain broadheads. The speed they put on the stickers is dependant on the FFF string.
20 FPS in any direction is not going to make a difference though, once you are in the 300 FPS zone you are good to go.
Excalibur says that bow will do 330 FPS, and they don't lie. That speed comes from a FFF string and a 350 Grain arrow. There are better, more reliable ways to get an arrow to it's destination though. I am not a believer in trying to reach the highest speed I can, I like consistent accuracy.

You are right on the line of weight/speed Rick, your bow will work for years like that, but adding a bit of weight at the cost of speed has great benefits too. You have the maximum speed string with the minimum weight arrow, plus you lose a few grains due to the smaller vanes that Excal wasn't counting on, be careful.