HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   My house feels normal now! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/227711-my-house-feels-normal-now.html)

Dnk 01-17-2008 12:29 PM

My house feels normal now!

It's been a while since I lost my Berta and I haven't been able to take the plunge till this week but I've just filled the great big empty void at home. She's the one in the middle, I hope she works out.
The day before I picked her up the Toronto Canine Unit picked up one of her pups. Cool!

Dnk 01-17-2008 12:33 PM

RE: My house feels normal now!

Here's a pic of the boys picking up the pups. LOL! They look happy! Way too happy for picking up police dogs! The one on the right is from Hubba who is the bitch(female dog, sheesh, like bitch is a bad word?) in the middle.
Hey! One wife, two daughters, three female dogs! I smell estrogen in the air!

ranger56528 01-17-2008 02:18 PM

Great News...I hope she works out for you Don........

Dnk 01-17-2008 02:30 PM

Thanks James, I sure hope so. My heart as well as my house have both been a bit empty since my sweet heart passed away. I'm a real sucker for a furry face! When my Boo dog died I couldn't talk about him for years. I still start shedding tears when I think about him today. When a guy has a "best dog" you just know it. I don't know how I know it but no dog will ever measure up to Boo.

ranger56528 01-17-2008 02:36 PM

My wife still sheds tears once in awhile over her dog Odie, he passed away 8 yrs ago she had him for 17yrs.He was a Mut but the best mut Ive seen....

P.S
I backed over him Thanksgiving Day.....O so Bad.....He was getting blind and deaf and didnt hear the trk start and I didnt see him behind/under the trk......

coyote170 01-17-2008 03:34 PM

Congradulations on your new pup,I dread the day when one of mine
passes on,treasure your memories,but enjoy this new one he will be
special in his own way,take care Don!:)

smokepolehall 01-18-2008 08:28 AM

Sorry fer yer loss on such good friends. I have had same in the past, i just quit after losing so many thru the years. Mrs. has couple of foofoo dogs that i call sooners!

Hotburn76 01-18-2008 10:10 AM

I think I posted his pic before, but this is Winstin out for a drive, he pretty much goes everywhere with us, except we do not leave him in the car alone. He is a seven month old Yorkie.

And here he is getting ready for game day a while back.

This is sandy with one of my nieces.

Sable with our youngest niece.

And this is our cat Sasha, she is this happy most of the time!
I have never had a animal with as much attitude as this cat!