Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Need Easton Help >

Need Easton Help

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Need Easton Help

Old 01-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need Easton Help

Got 7 Easton "Crossbow Hunter" arrows in on a deal. 20" XX75 2219's. They have plastic nocks and inserts, blue and yellow 4" vanes. ready to screw a point in they weigh about 214 gr average. I'd like to get them up to 400 gr w/ a good bhead FOC to include on a USA model Paradox called a "Maxpoint" I'm going to be offering ready to hunt package soon for sale.

Can any of you aluminum guys give me some of your expertise?I tried the Easton site and got nowhere. I did see somewhere the alum nocks weigh 36.8 gr and the alum inserts weigh 43 gr. I'd like not to have to go to a 125 gr point, but will if I have to. I'd like to go lighter on the 36.8 nock, but just don't know much about aluminums frankly. TIA!!! Also, if you have the answer and a few [7] extra pieces parts pieces laying around, pm me a price if you can spare them.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Spike

Default RE: Need Easton Help

Where did you find aluminum nocks for a 2219 I been using the front point adapter for a nock?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

LFB: they were in the arrows when I got them

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

I had my scale set on grams vs grains, what a dummy! Couldn't see the decimal point on 21.4 GRAMS, lol thought it was 214 gr. Another one for the lessons learned library I own!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:46 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

hhmmm...

I thought I had a couple 2219's laying around that I could get some weight #'s off from but I cant seem to findone now, I must have left them up at my parents...

anyway though, I came up with some rather rough #'s anyway based on what I have here(which in 22/64" is mostly 2213/2216 stuff) and a calculator
looking at eastons chart it looks like 2219's weigh about 13.8gr per inch which at 20" would be about 276gr
the biggest inserts I have for alumin CB arrows are 2216's and theyweigh 28.8gr, but ones for 2219's wouldnt be much different, inserts for my 22 series carbon arrows are different and weigh 42.8gr, carbon nocks weigh 37.5grandneither fit in the alumin arrows(2216's anyway, without any 2219's around I couldnt say for sure, I'd bet they still dont fit though)

I dont know what nocks for alumin arrows weigh, I use inserts at both ends so I've never bought nocks for them, I would say they arent much off the inserts though as far as weight

vanes weigh about 10.5gr a piece and feathers 3gr a piece

so with standard inserts/nocks and vanes, they should weigh around 365gr, plus a 100gr head should be around 465gr, 125gr head should be around 490gr... feathers and 100gr heads should be around 441.5gr and with 125's should be around 466.5gr(which is basically the setup I use, but in 2216)

as far as my alumin arrows I use 20" 2216's(which weigh 243gr bare shaft), inserts front and rear, feathers and 125gr heads, I got around 443gr and with the lightweight feathers at the rear and 125 heads I get real good FOC

as far as shifting FOC weight I guess I've never quite seen the logic withthe idea of havingto stick with 100gr heads in crossbows, I've seen alot of people use the moreuncommon and pricey brass inserts to add weight to the front and then use 100gr heads, I just bypass the middle step and use 125's, they seem to work just as good if not better for me and I dont have to find myself "out of" and waiting for some "have to be ordered online" brass inserts to show up...

Old 01-13-2008, 11:52 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: awshucks

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

I had my scale set on grams vs grains, what a dummy! Couldn't see the decimal point on 21.4 GRAMS, lol thought it was 214 gr. Another one for the lessons learned library I own!

LOL, that would do it...

I didnt want to say anything but 214gr for a built with vanes 2219 didnt look right, my 2216s with feathers weigh alot more than that...
Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KLS

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

A classic case of leaping before I looked, didn't make sense to me and I spent two days trying to figure this out. Not a problem, I've done far worse than this, lol.

LOL, that would do it...

I didnt want to say anything but 214gr for a built with vanes 2219 didnt look right, my 2216s with feathers weigh alot more than that...
Old 01-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, look, can't even get a quote to work right, lol, must be my w/e from hell, lol
Old 01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

What did they actually weigh?
I read the first post and was guessing you meant 314 instead of 214, but they should be slightly more than that.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:00 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Oh, look, can't even get a quote to work right, lol, must be my w/e from hell, lol

not having a good day are ya?
Old 01-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Glad you got it figured out!

Off topic kinda but has to do with arrows. What is it that I hear people like smoke and others take a bigger arrow and then put a smaller arrow in it to make it real heavy. I thought I heard mike talk about it, but unsure. Any one know what contraption they are building and exact details of what is involved and what is achieved?

Quick Reply: Need Easton Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.