Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Ameristep Doghouse Blind >

Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Old 01-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ameristep Doghouse Blind

I've hated this thing from day one when I had to call the company to fold it back up.I hated it more when I bought replacement rods for it, took the whole shebang on a hog hunt in La and couldn't get the rods to fit. Found out that they came w/ rods that vary from 92" to 102", but all replacement rods are 102". At least that's what I was told when I called them last time. Got treated well by them, not bad mouthing the company or the product. Well, I need rods again. Have some a friend gave me that can be cut down to fit. I've torn one of the shoulder straps loose on the cover someone who don't weigh 300 lbs can pack in. Decided I'd be happier w/ a 5 hub type and never fight the damm rods again. Think one of the loops on the corners is torn and needs fixed. Was thinking seriously about putting it in my burn barrel and watching it go up in flames while drinking a beer. Decided to do this instead. Anybody [xbowers on this forum]that wants to pay the shipping can have this pos. I can't even look at it w/o my blood pressure going up, and historically, that's the kiss of death here, just ask my ex-wives. so, 1st pm w/ about $15 and it has a new home. Don't say I didn't warn you, lol.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:26 PM

Default RE: Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Your right, that blind sucks to put up! I have the same exact one. I have had it for three years now and I really don't know if it would be worth my fifteen bucks! Last year I set it up and had to nail it down, all my corner straps ripped out after the first year. Then at the end of last year some of my inside straps for the tent rods started to rip. This year it is tied down good and tied to a tree. I think this will be the last year and next year I plan on getting one like you mentioned. The folding up is the best part!!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

My pop up works fine! LOL!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wait until you try to fold it then remember the rods after you hear the "SNAP"! [:@]
Luckily it broke right at one of the metal ferrules and I was able to cut it off square and re-use it!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wabi

Wait until you try to fold it then remember the rods after you hear the "SNAP"! [:@]
Luckily it broke right at one of the metal ferrules and I was able to cut it off square and re-use it!
Lol, you shoulda seen the look on my face when I went back out one am and the wind had blown this thing about 200 yds! It's not in that bad of shape, zippers all work, haven't shot through the mesh, can't remember any holes in it, but I've folded it up for the last time, gettin a 5 hub next trip to town.I have rods that can be cut to the right size, but don't try to cut around the bungee cords, lol, been there done that. Still available, tinkerers, lol
Old 01-10-2008, 08:36 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

man, 5 posts on it and no trakers, andfor just the cost of shipping... I'm starting to believe that it actually is as bad as you say...

I have one but have only used it a couple times, its called a "yukon tracks" and has the five spring loaded collapsible sides/top, I didnt pay much for it(under $100) but its nice and only takes a second to set up, in fact it takes longer to get it out of the bag than it does to set it up...

I'd like to use it more, theres just not that many places around here that I hunt where a blind would work too well
Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KLS

man, 5 posts on it and no trakers, andfor just the cost of shipping... I'm starting to believe that it actually is as bad as you say...

I have one but have only used it a couple times, its called a "yukon tracks" and has the five spring loaded collapsible sides/top, I didnt pay much for it(under $100) but its nice and only takes a second to set up, in fact it takes longer to get it out of the bag than it does to set it up...

I'd like to use it more, theres just not that many places around here that I hunt where a blind would work too well
DING DING DING We have a winner folks! It's spoken for.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 AM

I sent ya a PM.
I have a doghouse and an outhouse,never had any problems with them. just be sure to tie them down good.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Winner? must have been you to get rid of that death trap. I remember a turkey hunt in Ark. that thing caught the wind and flipped me over backwards off the stool!. You noticed i ain't never said another word about buyiny one!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:36 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

I should have taken it... I'd think it would make a decent portable icefishing shack if nothing else

but then again, after reading all the comments about it, maybe not...

Quick Reply: Ameristep Doghouse Blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.