Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast >

Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast

Old 01-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast

ORIGINAL: KLS

maybe he was there and was just mistaken for the excalibur booth...

Old 01-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why didnt I think of that ...
Old 01-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a post off of Matthias 72's forum in Italy re: Mitons. One has to ask if you are: "New on the Horizon and rising fast" how you can [a] be in Europe anyhow [b] blow some European off [c] skip the ATA show and still be considered a viable player.

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:21 pm Post subject:

[hr]

I arranged to meet their sales director here in the UK, at his request he was in Europe any way, to discuss the product and discuss terms for dealership in the UK. He never finalised the appointment so we never met. I dont like unreliable people where business is involved. Besides the customer service from Excal is so good that now I wouldnt dream of going anywhere else

Old 01-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me like the Chinese copy may outsell the Middleton.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Ok here we go again! Don't want this thread to die I guess!
Now I don't like to see anyone suffer no matter what. But if Fiddleton had just changed the profile on basically two parts to not look identical to some other bow and had suppressed his paid posters I think he would have not been in his Titanic today. My sympathies go to him and his family, honestly.
Here's the scuttlebutt! Apparently some distributor has not been shipped some bows that were paid for and one dealer said that he had still two bows left and one has a cracked mag tip which they are doubting at this moment will be taken care of. Bummer for anyone really. The future of this bow seems grim.
Now may be this isn't true and I hope for the Fiddleton and his family that it isn't. But we'll see.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

it sounds to me like he maybe bit off a little more than he can chew withthis deal andcould bein a little over his head, maybe its a little more than he can handle...

Old 01-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Hi everyone:
OK, I am new on this forum, but some of you know me from AT. Since I have been brought up on this thread ( without my knowlage by the way) perhaps I can shed some light on a few issues. Now, those of you that know me (ok, well I hope anyway ) know I am a straight talker, so I will give everyone what I know and try to not add in rhumor.

OK, yes, I have a Middleton bow in my possession that I got to do some tests with. There are many similarities, and quite a few diferances to an Excal. The major work is in the limbs, and if anything the new Tenpoints are almost a copy of Middletons Bluntly honest, there is only so much you can do with a crossbow and make it so radicaly diferant as to be unrecognizable to another model. That being said, I have noted that the Middleton is almost a full pound lighter, slightly faster, but louder than its equivilent in Excal. Is it better??? for some people it may be. I look at it as an optional brand that some customers may prefer. The stock is quite diferant and it does "feel" and "shoot" diferant than and Excal. Will I stop selling Excal??? Hell no!!! Great bow, Great people, and a reputation that cant be beat. I may be dumb, but I am not stupid

As I understand it, Middleton was still up in the air about attending the ATA show right up to the end till a family matter held him back. You need to claim a booth early, so it was empty, but I can personaly vouch that up to 2 weeks before the show Middleton was still not sure he was even going to be able to go let alone exhibit.

I have gotten emails from Canadian dealers telling me that they love the bow. As far as US distribution is concerned, there is basicly none yet because of the FET issue. Middleton has toyed with several ideas to get his bow into the US that would ease the problem of dumping the FET in the dealers lap. This is what happens with Excal and the IRS has jammed it to several shops that did not know they had to collect it. Personaly I would rather not have to deal with that additional aggrivation.

I am very curious as to who that "dealer" is that never got his bows that he prepaid for. I know myself that if I were to choose to deal with Middleton (and I am still weighing this by the way....they are a small company with alot of baggage attached and thought I like the product, I am still being cautious and covering my own butt first) I would be on a COD basis as is most of the industry. If this dealer is on this thread I would very much appreciate an email as I would like to get all the info I can on Middleton.
[email protected]

Now...I fully understand what everyone is upset about. But I would like to point out that "style" aside, there are diferances that till it is in your hands you cannot see, and there are aspects where if it was medesigning it I would have made more changes just so the "copy" comments would not arise.If you set the stock from a Tenpoint next to the stock of a Horton you cannot tell me thatone is not a "copy" of the other. Slight changes, but essentialy a "copy". I would say that, though annoying and very controversial, it says quite abit about Excal and the quality of their design.

In the next few weeks I am sending my bow to a few other people whos opinions I trust. I would be happy to give any information I have on the Middleton bow if anyone has any interest and let me know if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them....

Wyvern

Old 01-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

another picture

Old 01-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

yet another photo

Old 01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Mybe I need new glasses but all the metal parts look identical. Please, someone, correct me if I am wrong. Wyvern, how many Canadian distributors are there?

Quick Reply: Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.