Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast >

Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast

Old 01-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast

Very similar, yes, but there are some subtle diferances in their machining points, and the extrusion...again, nothing you can really see till you get one in your hands.

Wyvern
Old 01-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wyvern, i didn't dump on middleton's CB. I did take exception to Rev. Wally, over pushing them and he doesn't own one and maynot have even shoot one. I do understand he has a business deal with him. Not knocking that either. I do drop over on AT also and yer a straight shooter!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wyvern Crossbow

Very similar, yes, but there are some subtle diferances in their machining points, and the extrusion...again, nothing you can really see till you get one in your hands.

Wyvern
I am not arguing but how difficult would it have been to change the profile of the latch mechanism housing or change the angles of the riser. Agreed that it is difficult to make anything really different but you have to agree that the pictures make them appear identical. I think the people posting in forums was the biggest source of hard feelings. Just my worthless opinion!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

"Wyvern, i didn't dump on middleton's CB. I did take exception to Rev. Wally, over pushing them and he doesn't own one and maynot have even shoot one."

Never said you did and I fully understand your exception to other posts, so no issue there...

"how difficult would it have been to change the profile of the latch mechanism housing or change the angles of the riser."

And I personaly agree as well. I am sure to some extent the "it works dont fix it" theory comes in, but at this point, I feel the bow should be judged on its own merrit. Dificult mind you when you cant find one to check it out, but that may change by the end of the year.

"I think the people posting in forums was the biggest source of hard feelings"

I personaly was not involved in any of that though I agree there are some bad feelings out there. My goal is not to change anyones mind, more to add what FACTS I can to calm down some of the rhumors.

Wyvern
Old 01-17-2008, 10:14 AM

The stock looks totally different, and it should since in a way it does not affect the function of the CB. Should be able to take the riser off and bolt it to a 2*4 and still shoot it. So that is different, but does not affect the function to a point. There may be different extrusion marks and machine marks, there should be since they are different machines. But like Don points out the metal parts are the same, and if only holding in hands you can see the difference and not see in up close pics like you provide then that should answer the question. Hold a Horton, Ten Point, Barrnet and Excal right up next to each other and none will look that identical. Is it true what others say about this bow that it came out the same time Excal's pats expired? I have a hard time with that! Some of my co-workers are in the process of loosing there job over crap like this. Dow invented the best way to make armor clad metal coating for fiber optic cable so rodents and fish could not damage the wire. By law the pat could only last so long. As soon as the pats die all our research and hard work was worthless and mom and pop factory's set up shop and started making clones of our product. Sure it is theres, but they got the meat and potato's from us. Now some of my coworkers arehave to move to different sites or be forced into retirement because someone seen something that was awesome, copied it and sat it on the shelf next to ours! So this CB coming into here at this time with what is going on with my friends at work is what kinda makes me act the way I do on this.

Also, welcome to the forum! I go to AT sometimes. Had my mouth soured pretty good over there when I realized they where to scared to watch a hunting video I posted of a deer being shot and thenwatching it die.Where you oneof them that thinks in a hunting forum we should fear Peta? Hope not, thats a shame,in here the video got great reviews and all liked it. Had a second video of aeight point buck I took, but learned my lesson over there the first time.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

"Had my mouth soured pretty good over there when I realized they where to scared to watch a hunting video I posted of a deer being shot and thenwatching it die.Where you oneof them that thinks in a hunting forum we should fear Peta?"

Ummmm....I am the one that had the computer issue and thought there was a break in the film and thought you had run after the deer. I actually posted that I was wrong in my interpertation of that film and apoligized for getting the wrong impression. I was kinda in the middle on The "Peta fear" thing. I think we need to watch what we are doing (not to change topic) but what my computer decided to let me see and what the reality of the film was were two diferant things, somy opinion was skewed. Tough when you only see 1/3rd of a film . By the way...the film in its entirety was fine and again congrats on a nice shot

Wyvern
Old 01-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jason, this is where I see the similarity. Of course this is a dead horse we are flogging here but I find what others see interesting. I agree with Wyvern, it should be judged on it's own merit not the stupidity that got the bow into existance or the people that got it there.
The only difference that remains to be seen is the color and that one has the safety on and the other off.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:54 AM

Also, I don't me to sound as I am coming down on you. If I remember right your the guy that BBV spoke of about his Stryker. That says alot. Maybe you can stick around and add to the forum, you would be our first Excal dealer or CB dealer for that matter. I don't fault you for wanting to sell the Middelton, you have bills to pay like the rest of us.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Yep...I am the dealer Big Bird was working wiht on the Stryker issue

I am the first dealer on here ????? Really ???? cant figure THAT out. I get some of my best feed back from the people on these forums. Middleton actually kinda fell into my lap. At the moment I have not made a decision on selling them. Too may details that are still being worked out, but I am keeping my mind open.

I guess I will hang around if you will all have me... OH, since me being a dealercame up...I have till tomorrow to add to my Bowtech order if anyone want a Stryker ora Desert Stryker in any of the custom camo that they offer. This was an ATA show deal only and I offered it to the AT crew, so if anyone wants one let me know...bout a month or so to get in..

Wyvern

Old 01-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wyvern, welcome, you can add alot to this place, lol. please post a few pics of the medevial bows you make, think all would enjoy seeing them, they are works of art. Many of us made note of the help BBVA got, kudos.

Quick Reply: Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.