Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Discontinued

Old 12-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Discontinued

Hi all. I came across this site after doing a search. WOW! You all got something good here. Wish I had came across it a long time ago. I think I'll fit right in. I'm from Central Ohio. Hunt an fish. 47 yrs. old. Seems like everything I own is well seasoned, as I like to put it. { just plain old to others }
Well, I need a little advice.I know nothing about xbow's or bolt's other then how to shoot an maintain them. I have a HORTONNITRO still in excellent condition with no problems. It was discontinued a couple yrs. after my purchase.In it's day it was one of the higher end bows. I know there is a lot better stuff out on the market today, but I'm happy with this outfit no more then I use it.The problem I'm having is, I'm finding out my bolt's are also discontinued. I'm shooting a HORTON xx75LS 2 Lite bolt. These are a 20" bolt with a 5" feather fletching. I would like to purchase another 1/2 doz. comparable bolt's.I know I'm leaving this wide open, but which bolt should I purchase that would compaire with mine?
Old 12-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Discontinued

This is where I buy mine.http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Lights.html
Old 12-25-2007, 03:12 PM

I had the same issue with my Horton Yukon. I was using the LS2 Lites. I bought some Horton Lightning Strike MX Aluminum arrows and they are working fine. It is a 20" bolt and though I haven't weighed them, it feels very similar to the LS2 Lite. The fletching also appears exactly the same.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

1st of all WELCOME......
There are a few guys here that can get you going in the right direction...Iam also 47 buy my problem is Ive beaten my body so bad in the younger days that I feel like 97 but my mind says 21........
Old 12-26-2007, 01:17 AM

Hope I don't mix the numbers up wrong, its late. But the LS 2 Lites where 2216 I think and you can not get them from Horton at all any more. Guys where putting these in Horton's faster Bows and bust limbs with a dry fire affect. The 150# models could handle them and very few of the 175# ones could. The only 2216 you can get from Horton now is the 17" and they are hard to come buy. If you want a LS 2 you will all most have to go to a shop and have them made. But if you get a regular 2219 Horton arrow or the carbon arrows from them you will be fine with only minimal change in POI.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guy's for your info, but don't quit on me yet. It's pretty much a no brainer what ever direction I decide to go I'll have to get it back on the bench. Oh well, I know it won't be as painful as it was when I switched loads in the 30-06. After reading many threads about the duribilty of the carbon compaired to aluminum I think I think I'll go with the carbon. I have experenced a cracked limb about 3 years ago. Thought I might have popped it againt something, but could'nt remember doing so.

But the LS 2 Lites where 2216 I think and you can not get them from Horton at all any more. Guys where putting these in Horton's faster Bows and bust limbs with a dry fire affect.Hotburn76

The LS 2 LITE was recommended when I made my xbow purchase.OPPS!! Nowit makes more since to me. Horton stood behind it, no problem. After checking the Horton site, bolt's were abitpricy I thought.

This is where I buy mine.http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Lights.html coyote170

Iwill be looking for another outlet as soon as I figure out which bolt to go with.

I am also 47 buy my problem is Ive beaten my body so bad in the younger days that I feel like 97 but my mind says 21....ranger56528

I know the feeling. I been in the tree care trade for the past 30 yrs........Work hard, play hard.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sound like you handlaod. If so then you should have a loading scale. Weigh the old bolt and let us know what you get. You may have to switch to carbons but I'm guessing there is a close-in-weight alternative that one of us is using.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cossack

Sound like you handlaod. If so then you should have a loading scale. Weigh the old bolt and let us know what you get. You may have to switch to carbons but I'm guessing there is a close-in-weight alternative that one of us is using.
I haven't used it for quite awhile. Not enough batt. to 0 out. Will pick 1 up an let you know tomorrow. Thanks
Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Spike

Default arrow weights

Now you did it. You got my curiosity arroused. Couldn't help but go get my scale and try weighing some arrows. I weighed 3-LS 2 Lite arrows and they averaged 298.5 grains without heads. I then weighed 3- Lightning Strike MX arrows and they averaged out at 333.3 grains for a difference of about 34.8 grains. I use the lites in my Yukon and the MX in my Team Realtree. When I got my TR I called Horton and asked if I could shoot the lites in it and they said it would not hurt the bow but they really would not recommend it anyway.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: arrow weights

Thanks bob. Saved me the price of a batt. LOL. Well the can of worms is open. What's your flavor an where ya gettin em from? I'm sure the right person will chime in. Great site! Still think I ought to stay with the carbon's.

Quick Reply: Discontinued

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.