Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 What new item is a must have? >

What new item is a must have?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What new item is a must have?

Old 12-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default What new item is a must have?

Ok .................

What new item have you came across this year which you have found to be a must have for next year. Or, what new item would you like to see available for next year.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:51 PM

Default RE: What new item is a must have?

Do you mean new as in from manufactures or new as in new to my collection?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Do you mean new as in from manufactures or new as in new to my collection?

actually anything that you have come across this year that you have determined as a must have for next year, that would be store bought, home made or just a thought now or your figure of your imagination.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Sadly I am holding out until Excal and Ten Point let their news out.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Sadly I am holding out until Excal and Ten Point let their news out.
Is it true that your name is listed at the front of the line ............ if EXCALIBUR comes out with a new limited edition 25th year anversary bow this year.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Now Tom, being in the front of the line would be the "must have"!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

as in RECURVE ......
I take my mono-pod walking/shooting stick with me..to me its a must have...
Old 12-09-2007, 08:56 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

not necessarily crossbow related but the new GPSr I bought last fall was worth its weight in gold during the gun deer season this year, even with the sh*tty base map it came with...
I havent gotten any good mapping software for it yet(which is soon to come), and theres a world of things that can be donewith custom map making,although from whatI've looked into it it looks pretty complicated and at this time I have no idea of how to do it, which I'm going to devote alot of time into learning when(or better yet IF) I get laid off this year

I use aerial mapspretty heavily to scope out new hunting spots(amongother things), and with all that plus all the GPS mapping I plan on getting into my plan is to pick up a laptop capable of handling it and devote it exclusively to all the mapping work I seem to be getting into(which canbe used "in field"), plus picking up an extra GPSr or two for the more "directionaly challenged" members of our hunting party to use when necessary

at this timethats the hot"item" for me to have for next year
Old 12-09-2007, 09:08 PM

Well I did not buy a quiver this year for my Excal. I never keep my quiver on my CB when in stand, I always hang it. So this year I used one of my Horton quivers and just put it in my back pack. That became old after so long in the season since I could not zip up pack all the way and if I did alot of walking it would slowly unzip pack after a while. I really do not think a hip quiver is what I want so a Excal quiver is a next year must have.

I have also been thinking of selling my SuperMax and getting a Phoenix for dad to use. I only used the Supermax one year and that was last year and I was to picky and did not get a deer with it, so no memories with it for me. Dad did not get a deer with it either, so no value to him. So I was thinking of ditching it and getting a Phoenix for me to play with and dad to use, much more lighter for him in the field. Still thinking on this though.

Kinda Bow related, but I plan on getting a better reloading scale. Right now I have a cheap Lee scale and it is ok, but I don't like it. I plan on getting the RCBS 1000 grain scale and a powder trickler for more precise loading. I can also use this to weigh up arrows. I plan on getting a final and best load worked up for my 204 Ruger that I have had going on three years now. Round was to new when I bought it and not much loading data on it at the time. Lots of data on the net now so I plan on working on it as soon as the snow is done around here. Best I had before I put away last time was 3/4" at 100 yards. I also plan on getting a case trimmer, that is a big must have.

So far that are the big ones I can think of right now.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

speaking of quivers I have a a suggestion for someone to make. I would like for a quick attachment to clip onto the arrows as a cover to protect the fletching. I would also like to have a connection, so I could use the quick connection attachment on my fanny belt to attach the quiver to it. Alot of vests and back packs now have those connections.

Quick Reply: What new item is a must have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.