HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Crossbow Record Book? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/221344-crossbow-record-book.html)

grndhntr 12-06-2007 05:47 PM

Crossbow Record Book?

I wanted to ask you guys if there was a record book that recognizes trophies taken with a crossbow. I looked at the Pope and Young and Boone and Crocket websites and there wasn't any mention of crossbows. Looks like Pope and Young won't recognize any animals taken with a crossbow and I assume that B & C will just list it as if it was taken with a rifle, assuming it meets their minimum score. Are there other record books that have a catagory for crossbow taken game?

ranger56528 12-06-2007 05:55 PM

RE: Crossbow Record Book?

I THINK I heard something thru the grape line that P&Y were looking into it.......

awshucks 12-06-2007 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

I THINK I heard something thru the grape line that P&Y were looking into it.......
ROTFLMAO, you are joking right? See below from Outdoor Life

Oct 13, 2005

Earlier this year, the Pope and Young Club joined forces with other bowhunting clubs to decree that the intrusion of crossbows into archery seasons poses the most "imminent and critical threat to the future of bowhunting as we know it." So what prompted the angry declaration?

It began with a recent position statement issued by the Archery Trade Association (ATA), which stated that since federal agencies recognize crossbows and crossbow accessories as archery equipment through the Federal Archery Excise tax, so does the ATA

The ACF has an xbow record book. Only one I'm aware of.

ranger56528 12-06-2007 07:59 PM

Dan thats why I use the work Think :eek::D:D:D....

awshucks 12-06-2007 10:53 PM

I still can't figure out if you just heard a viscious rumor or were janking our chain, lol. good one in either event!:D:D

Hunting? Shooting xbows? New Snowmobile? Man,I wish your Dr woulda done my rotator cuff surgery!! Congrats on the speedy recovery!

ranger56528 12-07-2007 06:12 AM

I was just trying to get it going,I beleave I was reading a artical awhile back just discussing allowing CB's into P&Y,didnt know it went as far as it did.

My PT advised me not to get a slid but If you knew me you would understand and Iam shooting the CB's left handed.Its nice when you Have a mono-pod to hold the CB,for the most I find with the scopes on them they are easy to shoot left or right handed not like a rifle or shotgun...
Just to add pain to sufering I slipped when loading the ATV last night and messed my right thumb up.....Maybe its a sign.....I there's a will there's a way :D......

WomBeasel 12-11-2007 09:38 AM

There is a crossbow magazine that has established a record book, but its scoring is based on the SCI system, so most people have paid little attention to it.

xbowbarry 12-11-2007 10:04 AM

If I'm correct BUCKMASTERS has a separate category for xbows.

xbowbarry

arch_angel74 12-11-2007 07:57 PM

yes buckmasters does recognize the crossbow as a weapon to harvest game deer as iam a scorer for the buckmasters trophy records book here in maine hope this helps

Bigg~BirddVA 12-12-2007 09:24 AM

To P&Y a xbow is worse than the anti-Christ. They barley tollerate compounds. Did you know if you use a lumi-nock on a compoud and shoot a deer it's invalid? It's an electronic device and that's not allowed. Then there is rule 8 which is "we don't like that" or .............

Any other condition considered by the Board of Directors as unacceptable.
Really it's in there.:eek: