Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow scopes

Old 11-28-2007, 03:24 PM

Default crossbow scopes

Which scope would you prefer out these two. Would you prefer the Vari Zone Scope or the Lumi Zone Scope? Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: crossbow scopes

I have not used either, but have looked at both. If I had the money, I would have either one of the other over the scope I have now.

What I found is that the lumizone is a little larger and a little heavier, but not much. The lighted reticals are a very nice feature, but this is not really a needed feature, you can do without it. Now if your hunting dark bodied animals like bear or moose, then I would recommend the lumizone. The good fact about the lumizone is that it will work like the varizone if your battery dies (battery is not needed for the scope marks, just to light them).

Even after saying what I did above, I am leaning towards the Lumizone if I replace my current scope.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:59 PM

Well I have used the Lumizone on two deer now and to be honest I think they screwed up a little. The Varizone has a 32mm lens on it, not as much light in there, maybe a lighted reticle would be good for this since when there is plenty of light left outside you would use it. Now on the Lumizone they put a 40mm lens on it, lets a lot more light in. When it is dark enough to need the reticles light up, it is low enough light that the light for the reticles almost over powers the scope and it is to hard to see all together. IMO the lumizone lets enough light in that you do not need the lighted reticles. The only way I think they would help is in full day when you would like them to show up on a dark target like GT said, or if you was to have a shot at a deer in the sunset horizon and would need it with the background blinding your target. I shot both my deer in lower light and did not have it turned on. But it is something you have to get to get the better scope. If you get the Varizone you get a 32mm, so the lumizone is a better 40mm, but the reticle is not needed on it as much IMO, but nice to have.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used both. I've found about the time I need to light the L-zone up, my range finder doesn't have enough light to work. Guess for the minor diff in $ [$89 vs $119] the L-zone is the better deal.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

L zone gives you lighted reticule on demand but its a bit bigger overall. I like my 2 but have not needed to light reticule.
V zone is a bit smaller, still has multiple aiming points.
Gues it depends on if you intend to stay late or not. IMO, if a lighted reticule is needed it may be too late to shoot at a deer without expecting trouble finding it.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive only turn mine on to see what it looks like .Now I might rethink putting one on the 10point maybe the V-zone would be the way to go,then I could buy the rope cocker and scope for the price of the L-zone...Something to ponder I guess....
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

....................The Varizone has a 32mm lens on it, not as much light in there, maybe a lighted reticle would be good for this since when there is plenty of light left outside you would use it. Now on the Lumizone they put a 40mm lens on it, lets a lot more light in. .............................
I guess that I missed that point on the different size lens.

The thing is with the lighted retical, if you have it in the scope, if it is needed, then turn it on, but if you do not have it, then your out of luck if you need it. BUt I honestly do not think that you will need it for hunting deer as when it is too dark to need it, it will usually be past legal shooting time anyway. Where the lumizone will make it an almost necessary item is when your hunting dark or black bodied animals. I know what it is like to try and put a crosshair on a moose an hour before dusk. Crossbows are up close and personal and a moose could fill your scope so you can't project the crosshairs from outside the body to know where the aim point it. Believe me, if you have a moose at less then 30 yards and you can't see where your aiming ............ well get the bar of soap for what comes out of your mouth .

That scope will have a time and place for use, ......... now you just need to figure out if you will ever be in that place.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 AM
Spike

The lumizone is worth every penny
Old 11-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lowly Varizone on the Pheonix and not sure I need a lighted reticle.

The optics themselves are only fair on the Varizones and my Leopolds sure suck up more available light but the scope is solid and sure works out to my 30 yards.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:50 AM

I have a Parker Fireball with a single red dot and it sucks bad.. I have been reading this and am new to the site. thanks for all the info.

Quick Reply: crossbow scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.