Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur Vortex for brand new X bow hunter >

Excalibur Vortex for brand new X bow hunter

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur Vortex for brand new X bow hunter

Old 01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Excalibur Vortex for brand new X bow hunter

Uff-Da Don...
Old 01-16-2008, 04:24 PM

AS far as your question remi700 about the string, its the serving life and the quality that make Don's strings the best. His serving wear is the best, none dispute it and the strings are fine looking. The best part of the BOO string is I have something most don't. A hand made, by my specs of color and strands, by my friend. The few people that have seen my string like and and all say cool and admit they have never seen a CB string that looks as good. If you are into custom and unique, then BOO is the way to go!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

ORIGINAL: Dnk

If you buy the Excal the the people in the bow shop will become strangers! If you want to cock any bow in a tree stand you needs cranking device. Excal makes a wonderful one called a crankeroo. Now it the extra couple of inches bother you then look to the Tenpoint. In my mind you consider the basic tools get the best there is. Tenpoint and Excal rule the Xbow world with some others not far behind. As far as warranty goes the best I have heard is Excal. They don't care who bought it or when it was bought. Generally if you screw up just confess. I won't guarrantee it but they most likely will warrant even dry-fired broken limbs. I have never heard a grumble over a broken Excal bow. I cannot speak for Tenpoint but knowing Randy, I cannot begin to imagine they are unfair.
Pick up all the bows and handle them. I own five Excals and soon it will be seven(or more if I can find a real Paradox) so I might be a bit biased.
Don, you must of had a stiff drink!! We are past the original post and your next potential customer, remi700 is talking about his new toy, the boy wants one of your strings!!
Wow Jason, talk about a brain fart! LOL! Ladidadida! I think it's time to edit, durnnn you've quoted! You've learned well from our weasel!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't agree you need a crankaroo to cock xbow in tree stand. Get a good grip and do it!! [w/ rope cocker]
Old 01-22-2008, 01:03 PM

Boo sent my string out on Friday. Thanks Boo !!! I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions in the near future as I begin shooting my new Vortex. I was blown away by the hunting scenes on the Excalibur DVD !!!! I'm in awe of the power !!!!!