Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Eight Point Buck Video! >

Eight Point Buck Video!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Eight Point Buck Video!

Old 11-10-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Eight Point Buck Video!

This is short, but sweet! There was two times when I thought it was over. First was when I readied my bow and camera, he stopped, but then started to move again. Second was on my deer call. You can see it in the footage, and my limbs get caught on them and it makes a little noise, but he never heard it. You can see him look to the left, he was looking at a doe I think, that is why I took the quartering away shoot. Was afraid when he stepped off the hill he was going to turn to the left and then I would get no shot at all. The tree I was in was so thick I was unable to follow him with camera. If you listen closely you can hear him run, then slow to a trot, and then run and crash! I then focus in on the arrow buried in the dirt! Enjoy friends! This is for you guys!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FII94w8ENG8

Old 11-11-2007, 04:33 AM
Spike

Default RE: Eight Point Buck Video!

Thanks for taking us along. Keep practicing with that camera and I am sure you'll get it all figured out. It has got to be tough, as you already know I can't even hit them without a camera to worry about. Anyway congrats on another great shot, it looks like your honey holeworkedout after all.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

that was good, Jason, thanks!
Old 11-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jason that was WAY cool. Even the unmistakable sounds of the deer walking thru the leaves was neat. Gosh I love that sound!!

It sure seems like alot of extra things to think about when hunting and I applaud you. I can't quite make out the arrow strike. Is that due to recoil or a flinch?

I would love tohave some footage of a buck or two but I just have it in my head so it's a bit foggy. I know he is not a 140 class deer but he sure fits my ideal of a trophy. Are you gonna mount him?

Nice job and I hope to see it on some other forums.it's a class job!!

PS.. What kind of arrow was that???
Old 11-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

way to go!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very well done,I think the arrow was thru him by the time we heard the bow,you would really need to slow that one down to see the arrow flight..Thats the one you had the pic of right....
Old 11-11-2007, 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: ranger56528
..Thats the one you had the pic of right....
Just got off work so that could be my problem, but what are you asking? Don't understand what pic you are talking about.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Planter
Jason that was WAY cool. Even the unmistakable sounds of the deer walking thru the leaves was neat. Gosh I love that sound!!
You got that right!! I love that sound! I hate it when they sneak up on me, but I love that coming closer sound!!

It sure seems like alot of extra things to think about when hunting and I applaud you. I can't quite make out the arrow strike. Is that due to recoil or a flinch?
It is, but not bad. I actually thought about not trying to turn it on since he was so close, but I could not resist!

Are you gonna mount him?
Did a bunch of reading on this last season and I had all my ideas in my head how I wanted to try it this year. I am ordering a couple of DVDs from a place called Wasco. I am going to give it a try, worst case is it will just be a skull mount! LOL!!

PS.. What kind of arrow was that???
GT Laser II's with Brass inserts, 2" NAP quick spins, G5 Tekan II's 100 Grain
Old 11-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The nice heart shot......
Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

The nice heart shot......
Sorry James! I had some food and two Mountain Dews and now I read its and it a big DUH!! You were right. I am tired!!

Quick Reply: Eight Point Buck Video!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.