Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 HUNTING AT NIGHT ? >

HUNTING AT NIGHT ?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

HUNTING AT NIGHT ?

Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Spike

Default HUNTING AT NIGHT ?

For some time now, been reading on this forum where some folks have been talking about hunting at night, or late into the night time. Is it legal in some states, for down here in Louisiana, better not get caught hunting at night, unless your coon hunting with a party of two or more with only one.22 rimfire rifle.
Didn't know If I was reading wrong, or what, just thought all states laws stated that a person couldn't hunt deer at night ......

Any answers will be appreciated ~~~~~~
Old 10-23-2007, 08:27 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default RE: HUNTING AT NIGHT ?

I dont know about anywhere else but here in wisconsin its a no no...

although I havesat well passed darkmore than onceon field and marsh edges when theres enough moonlight to see by, just to watch what kind of activity went on
Old 10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's legal to hunt yotes and fox here at night, which I've done w/ ground blind. I have hunted hogs in Tx at night, so that's legal there. I don't know of any place that has legal deer hunting more than 1/2 hour past legal sunset time.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a guy that walks out of the woods in the dark I would hate to have some guy take a shot @ me cause I sounded like a deer.
There are some guys in the woods I hunt that I don't even trust in full daylight.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Indiana it is 1/2hr before sunrise until 1/2hr after sunset for deer hunting. You can be out earlier or later but the arrow must not be knocked on the string, or the shotgun has to be unloaded, or your ML must be uncapped or unprimed.

chris
Old 10-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I reckon possums n coons and others of them pesky critters is allowed at nite. I don't do any of that hunting, will bust a yote whenever i get a chance. Don't do nutten to Foxes but watch them.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike you don't have a weak spot for those cute little foxes do you? Nothing looks much better than a fox in a winter coat except maybe a "fox" wearing a winter coat.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Spike

Illegal to hunt deer at night in Ohio as well.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup specially those Vixen's!Wearing their sexy coats![8D]I like the Foxes too![8D]There are very few Foxes here as yotes have moved in and killed most of them. Thats a shame too!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 PM

I don't remember anyone referring to hunting deer at night, but I may have missed it. I know I always refer to evening hunts as going out "tonight" but I only hunt legal hours as well.

Quick Reply: HUNTING AT NIGHT ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.