Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

excal guys

Old 10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: excal guys

I will from now on. Thanks. Is it ok to have no twists in it till it stretches some?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:15 PM

Invest in a flemish string. Cost a little more but is softer and (Don't let anyone convince it isn't) QUIETER!
You can wax it easier and can keep it tuned by twisting it. Tuned meaning keeping on the LINE. More consistant shots. Don't try to string the bow by pulling it upward by hand. Let the string aid cocker keep the string even during the draw and left and right should be damb close. A Tip! If you want to string it by hand. While it is relaxed, put "White Out- Office Typewriter stuff" on the left and right of the string at the edges of the deck. When you draw it back put your fingers on the left and right side of the deck (Some people call it the rail) and pull it back. Your fingers will keep the string centered till it locks. If the string is centered (White Out) and the same draw tension (Line at relax) the shot should remain consistant time after time within an inch inside thirty five yards. Try it and PR me if it doesn't meet everything I said!
Eric S. Stacy AKA: DeerDope
Old 10-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

yeah I use the white out and the cocking rope just to be sure. I got an 8 point last week and want to get one more deer and a fox then I will look into getting a flemish string. Its weird that taking the string off and back on makes my broadheads shoot different than field points. Thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 07:38 PM

Think of it this way! If you sight in your rifle scope and get it zeroed. Thenlater you change it to another gun by only removing theupper brackets on the scope. Now you want to put it back on theoriginal gun. Shouldn't the mounts be already set? Not Likely!!!!!Very Small Changes will
alter the point of inpact downline. Very tiny changes are magnified.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Haven't been able to shoot for a few days. I picked up the bow today and the string has settled back to where it was before I took the string off and the field points shoot the same as broadheads again. I guess it just needed time to settle.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a Excalibur Exocet200 last fall.I bought two strings as spare.After about 50 shots I had two broken strands,so I replace the string.I remark that to be on hight brace on all strings I could not give a twist or I was too far back toward the trigger.
As I said ,I change string ,adjust after 20 shot ,I went hunting.All of a sudden 6 strands broke on the new string.
I change it and went hunting.I shot a doe with no problem.
Ordered a custom Flemish string from Don Katsumi with wisker silencer.Very satisfied .Will keep an update aon adjusment and practice with that flemish string.
Taureau noir