Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Great news!!!! Its cold!!!!!!!! >

Great news!!!! Its cold!!!!!!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Great news!!!! Its cold!!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Great news!!!! Its cold!!!!!!!!

Well yesterday it seemed to cool off some, but still kinda warm. Then I left the house this afternoon and I was shocked! I needed a coat. Alot of us have been displeased with the temps, but finally some relief! Weneed to got out today and tomorrow, them deer are going to be on the move!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:49 PM

Default RE: Great news!!!! Its cold!!!!!!!!

Lucky!! It's still in the low 80's here in Virginia but we are supposed to get a cold snap this weekend with low to middle 70's.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Low 50's here and a couple of days of rain ahead b4 monday's opener. Forcast is for the low 40's so the deer should begin working up to a frenzy. I like to think they are gonna lay low for a few more days and then bust loose when it cools a bit more.
Based on my experience that will just about guarantee a BIG buck or at least a few doe sightings.
Hope you have been messing with your cam a bit Jason as the stars are alligned just right for a retake with some minor adjustments. Just a friendly reminder though after you get the cam all set up for the next episode don't forget to put an arrow on the rail. That would be the one important thing I would mess up on.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76
Alot of us have been displeased with the temps, but finally some relief! Weneed to got out today and tomorrow, them deer are going to be on the move!!!
Deer? ............ who needs stinking deer ...............

IT is time for the cold air just for my MOOSE hunting (leaving in the morning). Trouble is ................ I will probually see more deer then moose (always do) but I will be after moose not deer. HOpe to get a bull as big (as per my posted pics) or close to the distance when I was bird hunting [:@][:@][:@][:@] . Never works that way though.

Good luck to all that have been waiting for the cold weather (going to be just above freezing here for low temps).
Old 10-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cold temps, you jest! I have been running the a/c its mid 80's here.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

This is better than Christmas,

My brother and I were suppose to go hunting in Southern Ohio last weekend but we cancelled because of the heat. BY GOLLY WERE GOING THIS WEEKEND!!! I am completely wound up just thinking about it. My hours at work have been completely insane as always but this weekend is going to be different. I told my boss he can fire me, sue me, talk about me or what ever he want's but it won't change a thing. My butts heading to Hocking County in the Wayne National Forest. I'm leaving from work early on Friday and I'm not leaving the woods until Sunday night. Well unless of course I get Mr. Big Buck early Saturday morning. I need a mental break like you can't imagine and I'm going to get it. Period.