Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!! >

First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:58 PM

Default First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Well Me and Dad went out for a evening hunt today and I was able to fill a tag. I got off this morning and finished up camera mount and then was able to get about three hours of sleep before I went out tonight. Was all excited about the whole camera thing. Right about half way into the last magical half hour of the hunting time I here some grunts and noise. Look over and there is a deer coming broad side. I go into full Camera Fever mode and grab CB, turn on the Sony, look at deer, no horns, done deal! But I had some major ground shrinkage with this one, turned out to be a button buck, was so caught up in the entire camera thing and it was pretty dark in the swamp and it was all over before it started. One bad thing did happen with the camera. I had the zoom all the way in when I first got set up, thought that would be best. Well my camera has auto focus on it, so the clearest part of the film before the shot is my B-Head! You can see deer, but it is just a little out of focus since the auto focus is on the arrow. learning curve I guess. But I think I have some good footage and will edit and compress tomorrow after I cut up the deer. I can not say for sure if I would have passed up on this one though to be honest. I made a comment in Planters post about trophy's. I passed up deer last year since I wanted a nice buck. Had visions all summer long of deer that were within range, but I had passed on. SO I told myself before season started that bad luck comes to the first brown thing with four legs on my first tag. Sorry it had to be thisguy. But as we all know, them little ones sure do taste the best!!

Also the second pic is of the cut with the Tekan II's!!! I am very happy with it. Made a nice wide hole and was fully open as it went in! Thanks G5!! Deer only ran about forty yards! Double lung and severed the main pipes coming off the heart, just missed heart by about 1/2 inch!

Old 10-06-2007, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Congrats Jason.Iam hopeing today or tomorrow will be my time...
Old 10-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

Way to go Jason!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Jason!! I have enough trouble making sure I'm ready for the shot without having to worry about a camera. By the time I figure out where my windicator, rangefinder, grunt and bleat call ecetera are the deer is on his way.
It must have been really cool to have Pop's with you.Could not ask for anything more.I wish I had some memories with my dad like that but he was not a hunter although he encouraged me to get out there.
As far as taking a button, SO WHAT!! I'm sure it was not your goal but such is life. It sure will eat good but won't fit in the crisper drawer like thebutton I shot a few years ago.I say BBD (button buck down)
Just tell me Jason. Were you on top of you shipping container?
Nice hole in that deer as well. Makes me wonder why so many guys are looking for the biggest hole they can make. Just don't understand the need for a 2.5 inch hole.

PS!! I can't even hunt for another 10 days!! What a joke.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well isn't that the thrill of a life time, or it must have felt like it anyways! I am very happy for you Jason! Congratulations! I hate saying it but that is going to taste pretty good. I'll confess that I took a button buck once (same ground shrinkage) and the meat was so tender, it just about fell off the bones. When you eat that little guy you won't feel so bad!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, Jason!!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

congrats. She's got a real pretty hide.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

congrats Jason, its cool you can hunt with your Dad.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Yup i do see ground shringkagethat you talk about.I think itsan understatement! All his antlers fell off as he ran an fell!Great pic's was that done with yer sony 108 or another camera?
Old 10-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your deer,Think its great you can hunt with your dad,wish
mine was still here to enjoy what he started me doing many years ago.
Hope your next one is a wall hanger!

Quick Reply: First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.