Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!! >

First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Jason, I just got a chance to see the video (I've been at the cottage and I am at 24k). That was awsome!!!
Contratulations! I wish I could shake your hand!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

I just got a PM that has me PI$$ED to put it as mild as I can. Where is this AT. Is it that place we went when our roof was going bad or is it in here some where. If if is another location someonePLEASE send me a link or forum name. I haven't been there in so long I don't remeber where we ran for shelter.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Where are my manners. Jason, the video is awsome and I thank you for sharing with me. You went out of your way to set this up and I know you had us in mind when you did it. when the deer went down the first words out of your mouth were "Thank you Jesus". That gave me goose bumps and I let out a big YES. I had to explain that one to my wife when I got upstairs. She wanted to know what it was that got me all fired up in the basement.

Your first words say alot about you and I'm greatfull that you made all of us a part of your hunt.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:29 PM

The place is ArcheryTalk.com That is not the place we went when the roof leaked a little last year. They have a CB forum just like ours, but it is mostly bickering. At least I see that a lot when I stop in there from time to time. It is in there CB forum for what I thought would be a good post and people would like, but the only congrats I got was from my good friends here that my good friend Dan rallied up for me. The rest are people harping on me for giving the anti fuel? Try not to post and get sucked into there mentality. I tried to make my last couple of post nice and pleasing, but not sure if they like to bicker enough that they want to continue. One thing that chapped me is one guy, who either has a horrible computer, or a horrible Internet provider accused me of getting out of tree and running up to the deer to get that footage. I just cant see how he made that conclusion. I may be good, but I can not shoot, run down stand out of tree and run up to deer with a camera fastened to CB and be able to keep deer on camerathe entire time. Some people just do not think before they make a conclusion!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 AM

Theyve turned that post form bitching about your fine video to beating up the PETA crackheads. I read some of the posts over there and they piss and moan alot. I dont plan on going back unless they pick on somebody else from over here and I will go back and write my usual silly stuff and just wind em up on something else. I kindof enjoyed that.......just alittle

Did i say fine video. It wont be long and I will be trying somerthing like that since I ahve the exact same camera........You keep leading the way and I will follow and give any advise you may have on the camera/crossbow use....Thanks for shareing it with us++++++Chris+++++
Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 AM

Thanks for your compliments and support. That is what this site is all about, helping each other. To often us CB guys are out on a limb and do not have the knowledge base to turn to that most crowds do. There are great people in here that contribute and desire to learn and share. If not I would still be a stubborn Horton shooter! LOL!! Not that Horton is bad so please don't anyone read into that. You yourself had helped being our Legacy guinea pig, sorry it did notwork out for ya, but we all learned from it, at least I think that is you. The mount is the regular range finder mountdesigned by a member here and sold by Excal. You could just take the Velcro that comes with it and have your camera ready to go in no time. But I could not work up to put a 50 cent piece of Velcro on my new camera. SO I made a mount plate out of aluminum to put Velcro on and then screw in bottom of camera just like it does fora tripod. If you are not handy with metal I seen athardware store you can get thicker sheet plastic and a guy could cut it down and it work.If you want to do it the way I did you just need to get something thick enough to be able to counter sink the screw in the bottom so you can put Velcro on and it stillmount nice and flat. I do not think I putthese pics on here yet, but here is the camera as I have it mounted, and the plate I made. if you have the camera, less then 30 to 40 bucks and you can be on your way!!

Old 10-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn76 when yer hot yer hot!Don't sweat those piss ants over on that site. Think i may mosey over there and tell them they can bite me![]
Old 10-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't bother to drop in @ AT Mike. I guess the mod thought they had too many "one post wonders". Bunch of Bambino's. I keep watching the vid Jason and still can't pick out any footage of you running up to the deer and the video length alone tells me it was a quick clean kill. Atta Boy.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:44 PM

Thanks John for the words. I am like you and know when to stay in a stand and when you can get out. I would also think that not even a hunter on his first hunt would not run up to a dying deer and film that, I surely would not. I alsosaid over there I think, that more deer was right behind this one so I had to stay not only cause I know I needed to, but for dad since we are hunting the same trail, but he is farther away. They locked it for my friends coming in to help, but also they knew they where on the stupid end of the stick and where starting to look bad.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason..
I guess I missed you running up to the deer while holding your crossbow on it.good job not loseing focus on it as you climbed down your tree stand,man your good.......
I couldnt beleave how far out that site is....Glad I found this one before that one........
Once again......
GOOD JOB JASON.........

Quick Reply: First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.