Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!! >

First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:21 AM

Default RE: First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Here is the video. Was able to lighten it up since the swamp made it look real dark. Sony has a low light setting that works great, but only when turned on! LOL!! Still lots to learn, but it is nice seeing the birds eye view. Sorry for all the shaking in the video, but if you can imagine how hard it was to do. The scope is fixed on to the CB and then I had to hold CB way out and around the tree to getthe shot since deer ran behind me a little. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R22oSpZDKl0

Old 10-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason I gotta say it looks alot tougher than it is. Looks like you added even more things to think about.
Have you been testing at static targets and can you get the cam to focus above the rail??I figure if I tried to film my hunts I would screw myself worrying about the camera more than the shot and I NEED to stay focused on the deer in front of me. Very cool though!!
Old 10-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Hotburn, that was very cool. I know how hard that was to do but you did a good job on filming something most of us never get to see. Wish I could afford a new camera now so I could try that art out for myself. Good hunt!
BBO
Old 10-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey!! Yer the first to do this!! I played it a few times and could not see the deer before the shot, but looks like you had the light against you. Looks like the rig wqorks is the important thing! Great!! Thanks for all your trouble to get us this far!!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Jason, great story, nice deer and you did a great job filming.
Martin
Old 10-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Dominant Buck

U Da Man Jason.....Great Job......Congrat's
Old 10-07-2007, 05:45 AM

Thanks guys for the compliments. With all the mistakes made that should show not how hard it is, but how distracting it is to do. I did take a few shots in the back yard with it John before the hunt that day and had the camera zoomed out enough past the rail and the target looked fine. I just screwed up and was not thinking about the zoom where it was at the time of the hunt. Hopefully as time goes by it will get better to do and the next one will look alot better. When the leaves come off it should provide more natural light and be better. I know it is hard to see, but the deer before the shot is perfectly in the middle of screen. He in on the far side of water just under the leaves on that tree with its head down getting drink, slightly quartering away with his entire body on the slope of the bank of the waters edge. The most I can see of him in the film is the white of the inside of his leg and chest. Hope that helps some who can't see before the shot. Thanks again to all!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your deer! It's great isn't it....

~ Chris
Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Spike

Jason,
Great shot, great video. It is even better with the sound of the shot. That really puts us in the tree with you. Can't wait for the next one.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Spike

My wife just watched the video, and said that is very cool. She wants to know why I don't do that so she can see my hunts. Hummmm!! Interesting?? It's only money!!!Maybe a little sweet talkin' amd you never know. Maybe an early Christmas present for OhioBigboy?? She always gets my hopes up and then shoots me down!

Quick Reply: First season tag down, alot to learn with Camera!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.