HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Tree stand-Blind-Box stand or other (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/209353-tree-stand-blind-box-stand-other.html)

scpatterson 09-29-2007 04:56 AM

Tree stand-Blind-Box stand or other

I would like to see how everbody else prefers to hunt with their crossbows. I hunted out of a box stand at it didnt seem to fit the bill for me when it came to the crossbow. I bought a new ground blind and will use it for the first time in a few weeks. Good Luck to Everbody

Hotburn76 09-29-2007 06:42 AM

RE: Tree stand-Blind-Box stand or other

I love the freedom of a nice big ladder stand. I also love the relaxation and comfort of a nice ground blind with a comfy lawn chair out of the wind. If the weather is nice, its the ladders, but I like the blinds for the windy cold wet days.

Pydpiper 09-29-2007 06:43 AM

Iam going to try my turkey blind for the first day or two, didn't work too good during turkey season but we saw some great deer from it. My son (5) will be taking the morning off school to spend opening day with me, I have not been able to find a youths harness to get him safe in a tree yet.

VTX4 09-29-2007 04:29 PM

I hunt out of the Luxury Box ladder tree stand. It is in a big oak tree so I built a frame around it and hung camo netting. The top of the frame also serves as a solid rest for the crossbow. The Luxury Box is the most comfortable stand I have ever hunted from - nice for us older guys.

shewe 09-29-2007 04:35 PM

i never hunted on the ground much. as i get older it sounds more inviting to get a nice ground blind.:)

coyote170 09-29-2007 06:58 PM

Been useing an Ameristep Penthouse blind for five years now,just bought my second one lots of room for me and the pup,had good luck out of it
to,like it on the ground!:)

bowfisherman 09-30-2007 07:18 AM

I have a ladder stand and a climber

kvjohndeere 10-01-2007 11:44 AM

Check out My Ameristep BrushHog Quadpod With My Ameristep DogHouse ! This is A good choice !

b_in_atl 10-01-2007 12:10 PM

Make sure you get a blind big enough for a crossbow. I had an old Ameristep Outhouse blind that is great for rifle but way to small for crossbow. I bought a new Doghouse blind that works great though. I also have a Summit Climber that is extremely comfortable that I enjoy hunting from. I was at Dick's Sporting Goods earlier today and they had some great sales on ladder stands. Picked me up a ladder stand so I'll be hunting from it this year as well. I think I have the spectrum covered now, all I need to do is find me some deer.

Pydpiper 10-01-2007 12:12 PM

Way, way, way too cool!!:D

ORIGINAL: kvjohndeere

Check out My Ameristep BrushHog Quadpod With My Ameristep DogHouse ! This is A good choice !