Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it!  Season II >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Old 10-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Its slowed to a constant drizzle and i am putting on my camo's can't take it the house anymore. Going to the new placed ladder stand now![8D]
Old 10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well it rained and it poured and the wind rocked n rolled. All i saw was 7 turkeys as they flew up to roost!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup i was out in it again this morning at dark thirty. Yup rain and howling winds, limbs were breaking and falling. i left at 9:30 am, deer were bedded up in all these bad winds! I saw Honkers and Snows and several of my squirrel friends!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Havent seen any Snows yet and I live in west central MN,just alot of Canadians....geese that is ...
Old 10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Spike

I have practiced for months, new to the whole crossbow thing. I love my Parker Terminator it is deadly accurate.
I have been more than ready.Using a ground blind I have been busted twice, using scent control and everything
same Buck really nice 150 class 8 point will not approach crosswind.I am going up the tree.Maybe I'll go back to shooting hams.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:05 PM

After not getting out for a week was able to get out tonight for a evening hunt. Rained alot the past couple of days and was nice out today. Not a bunch of action but did do good on passing what I thought was a doe. Had a deer in the thick stuff moving by at 25 yards or so, but decided it looked a little on small side, I am a major victim ground shrinkage, as most of you know. Well the deer circled around for a while and then came right in and under stand, a button buck, I was happy. Here is a pic of the little guy. Took lots of pics of him and he never new I was there. Will try to go out in morning, but being on nights that is usually a challenge.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Soon as i looked i saw his buttons, cute little guy. Lucky he came by you, as he would be in my freezer now.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out to my sisters new place and hunted yesterday afternoon. As we were leaving for town a huge buck ran right across the road from the erea I was hunting!!! At least 12pts, but with a huge body. I think I may set up for firearm season out there. Since you are only allowed to take a buck during gun season. Don't wanna waste my buck stamp yet. But if that bruiser would have walked by me......well.. prolly woulda had to take him. going out to my other place later this afternoon. I gotta be out of there by gun season, someone else hunts it then. I actually got lucky to even get on there this year. Since I promised thefarmer I would take does only, he allowed me on. His daughter and son hunt it farther down the ditch line occasionally.

chris

chris
Old 10-25-2007, 06:47 PM

Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain....And then it rained some more but I took the boys and went anyway. Almost ran over a doe on the wheeler and saw our first yote while out hunting. I thought he was going to give me shot but after walking right at us for 40 yards he step off in the brush and POOF!!!!he was gone. We got loaded up in the truck and left and saw around 15 deer in a small pasture in front of a house just as we were leaving the lease. Was able to pick out two small bucks. We did make more memories just no deerburger yet!!!!!!
Chris
Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got into my oak stand abit before 2 pm. It rained and it poured but nodeer were seen. I saw my usual honkers, Jay birds, crows and squirrels!

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.