Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Well I did it!

Old 09-24-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Well I did it!

Just got back from Best Buy and we bought a Sony DVD108 camcorder. I hopefully can get some footage for you guys this fall on some hunts. Next stop, the AWSHUCKS mount! LOL!!
Old 09-25-2007, 03:41 AM

Default RE: Well I did it!

There you go , you got yourself one fine camcorder. I've had mine for about 9 mos and it works fine and dandy.....never a problem. A little tidbit of info......use Sony dvd-rw......then finalize when done , then it's good to play on any dvd player.
If you need any help with that dvd108 , just pm me or email .....glad to help ya out ....
BOB
Old 09-25-2007, 06:19 AM

Well bob I have not even read the instructions yet, but what do you mean by "finalize it"?

And if you have this camera, you may get a full pm box with the invite you gave me. I had to go to work last night and the wife charged the battery for me while i was there. Am going to bed soon and will play when I get up.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dig cam-corder Hmmm sounds interesting,I still have a VHS one and a 8mm? dont use em much...Dont like haveing to carry tapes around......? how much/long do they run/hold on a CD...is it a CD like you us in a comp or is it a smaller CD..????

I suppose you will be putting short vidio clips on here for us right......cant wait to see a kill on vidio from a fellow hunter.....
Old 09-25-2007, 01:07 PM

Right now they hold 30 minper side of disk. You can get two sided disk for a total of 60 min. It is a three inch disk that is a regular disk only smaller, you can put in any DVD player or computer. I almost went with a MiniDV, which is digital tape, that will get you one hour of continuous footage, but then you have to transfer to DVD so I just stuck with the DVD. The next step up is Hard Drive, but that is also the next step up in wallet to! My goal is to get some of my own hunts, but I really want to get some of Dad hunting. Any footage at all and you guys will see it.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looked it up on-line and its a nce looking unit Jason,then I started reading all the stuff and realized hay wait I have trouble posting pics who am I trying to fool.....But that would be neat just to put a disc in and be done.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:20 AM

Its nice and the video looks great on TV. But I am starting to lose my patience with getting it into Photo bucket! Really getting you know what!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sure do....
Old 09-26-2007, 08:55 PM

Well over twelve hours later, a short nap after night shift, and fifty more bucks from best buy for software and I did it. I think I resized it to much, a little grainy if you make it full screen,need to work on it some more, but if ya like looking at two dogs and a guy with a shaky hand click on the link! LOL!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WldHauRatbc
Old 09-27-2007, 10:32 AM

Don't look too bad.....as you know photobucket and you tube compress even more. What program did you use or buy?
What I do is this..... click on Sony picture utility.....import from handycam or puter.....click on footage you want.....go to next page.....shows you were it's gonna go in a file to the hard drive.....name it then. Upload it to youtube.....when your done go back and delete it off your hard drive as not to fill it up.
Crossbows are less frustrating.
BOB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.